Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tylenol

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 5 month old has been teething. He cries and fusses and usually I can calm him down either by distracting him or giving him a teething ring, but today its been the worst i did everything but these werent just whimpy cries these were pain cries and so I finally decided to give him some tylenol. 

Have you given your LO tylenol? If so when and after how long they've been crying? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lauratupper
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I give my ds baby ibuprofen only when he really needs it. It doens't really depend on how long he has been crying but how much pain he seems to be in.

angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yes I do when I can tell teething is making him super grumpy or crying in his sleep from pain. He's really mellow so it's easy to tell when he's teething.

Mommytomuffin
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM

during the day I try not to unless I can tell that he is in A LOT of pain and thats usually right before he cuts a tooth and same for at night, I will give it to him half an hour before he goes to bed right when he's cutting his teeth. The rest of the time when he's just a tad fussy I give him teething rings or a cold wash cloth to chew on to soothe his gums

MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Same

Quoting Mommytomuffin:

during the day I try not to unless I can tell that he is in A LOT of pain and thats usually right before he cuts a tooth and same for at night, I will give it to him half an hour before he goes to bed right when he's cutting his teeth. The rest of the time when he's just a tad fussy I give him teething rings or a cold wash cloth to chew on to soothe his gums

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I do give my kids and baby tylenol as needed. However I really try to avoid it because it can destroy the liver.

Ibuprofen works great but shouldnt be given to baby until at 6 months.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)