• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 month old sick help please

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
My 3 month old has a slight fever and she's been having a horrible runny nose and a cough have any of you experienced this before what did y'all do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angela.bouchard
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM

For the nose you can use a suction bulb if you feel the need to you can use 1-2 saline drops and suction them back out. Do you have a humidifier? You can put one in the same room she sleeps in. Or turn the shower on so it's nice and steamy. Best advice for colds I recieved was treat the symptoms. It's reallly all you can do.

Lovebugbaby
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Suction bulb for the boogies. Thats about it =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelsiey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM

You can use infant tylenol for the fever. And saline drops for the nose. I use Little Noses Saline Drops, they work really well.

Kelsiey Elizabeth

Lani-mommi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Thank u ladies I've been sucking them out and gave her Tylenol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM
IMO Saline drops and nasal syringe on nose and mouth as needed. Also use a humidifier or the old hot shower trick. I would only give tylenol to break a high fever and if they are in obvious discomfort. Usually a temp above 101. You may also put baby to sleep on an incline by placing rolled towels or blankets under the crib mattress. Nurse often if you are bf. Try to keep nasal passages clear for feedings. Hope your LO feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)