Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughters 1st birthday...need help...& please share!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

is in October...

need some ideas....

please share your idea & pictues THANKS!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starleet
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

You got a long way til then! lol I'm sure you'll come up with tons of ideas and change your mind by then too. I know I did! I thought about my daughters 1st birthday alot and it is next month and I have already changed my mind from what I had thought about.

skbush1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

yeah its a long time away...just curious of wat other did...and wat not to do....im the type to plan way ahead & i kno i shouldnt but i do LOL thats my down fall....

larissalarie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
We don't do much for first birthday's here. I make a cake, buy 1 present, and have the extended family over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM
We did a princess party. It was just for family. Made her a cake, dressed her up cute, she got a few toys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAmom1019
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

First birthdays can be lots of fun! My daughter was barely walking so I wanted to keep things simple. We had it here at our house and the theme was Cupcakes. She had a huge cupcake cake shaped like the number 1. She also had a minature cake with a number 1 candle. We did finger sandwiches, chips & dip. Her birthday is in October as well so I had my mind changed a lot. I was even thinking about throwing in something Halloween-ish or Fall-ish but decided not to right at the end. She had lots of fun! Her second birthday well I have quite a few themes/ideas in mind.

Luv4Life78
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM

i couldn't do 1st birthday for my son cuz the next day i was having my daughter lol... but after she came home we just did a small family get together at home... when in oct is it? my kids are also in oct...

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

For our son we had a party at the park with a bounce house. We planned the same for our daughter but it was supposed to rain so we moved it to Chuck E cheese. At 1, the party is more for the parents than anything else, so you can't really go wrong!

skbush1
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

October 28th is her Birthdayy.

november_green
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I have a little boy not a girl but a really awesome helpful bday tool is if you go to www.parenting.com/cakes and they have a million awesome cake ideas on there with all the directions. A lot of people don't do much of anything for first bdays since the kid won't really remember it or know what is really going on, but it's their VERY FIRST BIRTHDAY! It's a BIG deal! And when your kid gets older you want to be able to show them pictures and can proudly tell them that you did not slack for their first birthday! I went all out with tons of pirate decorations. I had two separate bday parties in one day and a third party a week later with family that didn't make it to the first or second. Each party had a full scale pirate ship cake with treasure and cannons and everything! I had enough eye patches and pirate hats for everyone to wear and tons of pirate booty necklaces and coins, treasure chest filled with chocolate "gold bars", blow up pirate swords and palm trees! My son had a freakin' blast and so did everyone else. It was amazing and fun. Go for it! Don't slack on the first birthday, you'll regret it later if you do! It's such a big and important day! Another awesome site that made all the decorations really cheap was http://www.partycheap.com/! Good luck!

Shhine
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I would go with what she likes.  what does she like as far as things she sees on tv (tv shows like dora etc) or if she isnt in to anything yet that you know of, i would say go with what you feel is comfy and cute.  Youll figure it out....you have plenty of time lol.  Good luck and many wishes to the LO.:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)