Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

diaper rash help

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey Everyone- my 1 year old Colby has had a stomach bug and now has HORRIBLE diaper rash- I've tried the RX creams we've used in the past- nystatin and cortisone along with desitin, triple paste and even the lanolin breast ointment and nothing is giving him any relief... any suggestions???

by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (11-19):
gavs4boys
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

There is stuff called Corona, you have to ask for it at the pharmacy. It was originally used for animals but works amazingly on rashes and burns for humans. I swear by the stuff. 

abra
by Abra on Feb. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Try the bedsore ointments in the old people section of the store (like with adult diapers and that kind of thing).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cab0801
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

So I ended up taking him to the ER and got a stool sample tested and he has giardia!!! So glad I listened to myself and pushed to have more done.  Don't ever doubt mothers intuition!

smom211
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Air his butt for a little while and then try balmex. That stuff is great! When my daughter started just getting a little red I put it on her once and the next diaper change it was gone completely.

jessi2girls
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

apply ointment with some cornstarch... after cleaning and drying the area.. then put on vaseline over the top so moisture doesn't seep back into the wounds and keeps out the urine/poop.

cab0801
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I work for a horse vet and know of corona- you can get it at any feed store or tractor supply.. never thought of it but it is mostly lanolin so should work and is super sticky!

gavs4boys
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Corona is amazing stuff.  It works better than most rash creams in my opinion.

Quoting cab0801:

I work for a horse vet and know of corona- you can get it at any feed store or tractor supply.. never thought of it but it is mostly lanolin so should work and is super sticky!

Vicky
<Lilypie Maternity tickers

Akerswife
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Aquaphor for babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM
i used to give ds a warm bath air dry and then aveeno diaper cream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)