Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help i dont know what to do.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

I think im going through post pardum despression. Dont know what to do. My son is a little colicky for about an hr at night. When i cant get it right i want to just put him down and let him scream. I feel like I love him when he's calm and cant stand him when he's not . I dont want to feel this about my child. I am the only one who is home with him at night.  dont know what to do about it. I'm truely scared i might hurt him. PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
treasure1212
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM
You need to talk to your dr . There not much anyone here can do for you about that .
It may help to get a referral for counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kameka
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Tell those close to you - maybe someone will offer to let you have a night off. And if you need to put him down and let him scream then do it - it won't hurt him as long as it's not for a long time. If you ever feel like you're going to hurt him put him down and call someone - if you can't get ahold of someone then call 911 and tell them what's going on. Above all, call your doctor and get some help. You recognize there is a problem, now fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_grizz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Talk to your dr. There's tons of resources available because it's common. Lots of wonderful moms have beat ppd. Stay calm, and if you need to, let him scream. Just put him in a safe place like his crib and leave the room til you get your head together. Definitely talk to your doctor about your concerns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Call your doctor or OBGYN immediately. If you have to, leave a message. During that hour do your best to calm him but if it gets too bad then put him somewhere safe, put on some headphones and go to another room for 10-15 minutes and try again...Repeat if necessary. 1 hour is nothing...Colic is crying for 3 hours a day for a week in any week of a 3 week period. He sounds a lot like my little guy but mine was worse...Crying a few minutes after every time he woke up just about and fussing almost all day...It will get better!

Do you think he might have gas or a tummy ache? How old is he?

connorsmom2009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:52 AM

my husband think i should self admit for post pardum depression

Pam_8787
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:28 AM
I like this response. I'd also like to say that it is good that you see you may have a problem. But now it is time to get help. I'm not sure if it is bad enough to self admit if you are only feeling this way during that time. Just sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed and tired. He does not seem colicky because colick last much longer than that. But above all. If you have to leave him somewhere safe and go and read for about 15 mins, that's better than causing the baby any harm or putting any more unnecessary stress on yourself. It's okay to walk away for a few minutes while baby is somewhere safe like a bouncer, swing, or crib. Hugs mama.

Quoting kameka:

Tell those close to you - maybe someone will offer to let you have a night off. And if you need to put him down and let him scream then do it - it won't hurt him as long as it's not for a long time. If you ever feel like you're going to hurt him put him down and call someone - if you can't get ahold of someone then call 911 and tell them what's going on. Above all, call your doctor and get some help. You recognize there is a problem, now fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Let your doctor know you feel this way. Tell your family also. It can help even just getting it off your chest. Really. If you need to set him down for a few minutes and step away that's ok! Just take some deep breathes. You can get through this. Theres also post partum groups on here you could try for added advice. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I did so and it was the best decision I've ever made.

Quoting connorsmom2009:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmom2009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I'm affraid they'll take my children away.

Quoting C8Baxter:

I did so and it was the best decision I've ever made.

Quoting connorsmom2009:

Rebekah8787
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Are you on any birth control after my daughter was born I got the depo shot it was terrible I've never felt that way I didn't get my second shot and my moods went away. If he's colicky after he eats keep him up right for an hour sometimes that helps also give him some baby gas relief, if you have a swing put him in it at night. You can also try running the vacuum when he's crying sometimes that helps. I'd talk to the babies doctor you might also want to change his milk they just changed my guys milk for colicky babies not sure if it's working yet or not it's only been one day but I was ready to pull my hair out Monday. Good luck and just hang in there. What state do u live in? Maybe there's someone on here close and can help out..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)