Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of boys question...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM
  • 14 Replies
I have noticed the last couple days that my 8 mo son's penis has been kinda red. There was a little raw spot on it when I first noticed it. I change him often and am using sensitive wipes. It doesn't seem to hurt him. Do you think this could be a reaction to something or maybe just a diaper rash? What else could I do to help him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erikays
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Could be, try using a tiny bit of rash cream on it. If it doesn't clear, I'd take him to the Dr. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BritzyanaXO
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM

yeah i wouldnrt worry yet. my son is 7 months and he still gets that sometimes. i started putting some a &d ointment on it and it seems to help a lot!! i think its just a lil rash

BritzyanaXO
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

is it the part of the penis right under the head and on the top of the shaft connected to the head?

Noahsmommy3351
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Maybe depending on the diapers you use he could be forming an allergy to perfume ? Like if the diapers are scented
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Is he intact or circ'd?

Try diaper rash cream. It wouldn't hurt to give your pedi a call
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Could it be the type of diapers? Also, make sure a hair hasn't accidentally gotten wrapped around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM
So true.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Is he intact or circ'd?

Try diaper rash cream. It wouldn't hurt to give your pedi a call
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mlynncamp
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Yes it's that area. I'm putting a & d onintment on it...I'll watch it for a day or two and see if it goes away. Thanks!

Quoting BritzyanaXO:

is it the part of the penis right under the head and on the top of the shaft connected to the head?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mlynncamp
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Thanks for all of the advice. He's circ'd. I'll use some rash cream for another day or two and if it isn't seeming to go away I'll give his pedi a call. Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Quoting Mlynncamp:

Thanks for all of the advice. He's circ'd. I'll use some rash cream for another day or two and if it isn't seeming to go away I'll give his pedi a call. Thanks ladies!

Sounds like a good plan : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)