Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dresses

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ever since finding out I am having a baby girl yesterday I am excited to pick out some cute dresses and hair ribbons. Im very low income but I cant resist buying something nice for my little lady and if anyone knows of any online sites I can go to where I can get some summer/spring dresses for her and ribbons, cant forget ribbons...

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I bet you could look online about how to make your own ribbons really cheap. That's what I would do...and hit up the consignment stores! Also look in Craigslist (just go to a public place to meet whoever you buy stuff from!!).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Freecycle!! I got the cutest handmade dress for my DD from there. Idk how they were giving it away. Someone's mom spent a lot of time making it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Do you have any thrift stores near your home?? We have Goodwill, St. Vincent De Paul, and Value Village! We also have some NICE consignment shops as well. You can also check out your local Craigs list at http://www.craigslist.com/  When I was pregnant with our first son, DH and I had a VERY, VERY limited budget as far as clothes for the baby went. I'd say 95% of his clothes were purchased at garage sales!! YEP!!!! Babies grow out of newborn clothes SOOOO FAST, that they usually don't get a chance to get dirty/look worn!!! I remember how HAPPY I was to come home with 20 items in EXCELLENT condition that only cost me a total of $5.00!!!!! YEP!! The ppl who run garage sales, just want to get RID of their stuff FAST!! Each item I bought, was only .25!!!!! I even managed to pick up a few items that STILL had tags attached!!! Also, if you know anyone whose had a girl, but still plans on having more kids, you might ask if they would let you borrow the clothes their DD has outgrown, and then PROMISE to return them as your DD outgrows them. My BFF had a boy and couldn't afford to go buy him a bunch of clothes, and she KNEW she was NOT having any more. (This was her 3rd child, and ONLY son!!! I let her borrow ALL of my son's baby clothes and she returned them all plus some extras that other ppl gave her too!!! :  )
GOOD LUCK!! Shopping for baby girl clothes is SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! :  )

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM
BRU has a lot of 50-60% off sales. I found a Disney infant costume there for like $6. They have adorable dresses marked down and their bows and such aren't expensive.

Walmart has packs of bows, ribbons and clips for $2.50. I get most of mine there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Check ebay!! I ordered tons of brand new dresses and some that were in perfect condition for so cheap. She has gotten tons of dresses that were $50+ up from anywhere from $3 to $10.

Starleet
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Here is a favorite site of mine. http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/ They have tons of things for cheap that people sell for way more in boutiques. 

Starleet
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM
stasiasworld
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM

THE HAIR BOWS ARE AMAIZING LADIES!!! I LOVE THE WINGS TOO... SOOO FUNNY. I CANT WAIT FOR JUNE TO GET HERE.

HeathersRich
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Pm me. I make bows and can do them in your budget. I also have some excellent condition real girly clothes/dresses. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stasiasworld
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I FOUND AN EYORE PAJAMA COSTUME SET AT A CONSIGNMENT SHOP. I WAS HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND IT AND BOY OR GIRL CAN WEAR IT AND IT WILL FIT HER BY THE TIME WINTER IS HERE SO SHE WILL BE WARM.

Quoting Turtledoves:

BRU has a lot of 50-60% off sales. I found a Disney infant costume there for like $6. They have adorable dresses marked down and their bows and such aren't expensive.

Walmart has packs of bows, ribbons and clips for $2.50. I get most of mine there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)