• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I start liking my MIL

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have been with my hubby for 20 years and married for 17.  My MIL is horrible.  She has done nothing but try to split us up and cause problems all these years.  We have a 13 year old child that she has never had anything to do with.  She would only darken our door step maybe twice a year.  Now since Ive had the twins she is all of a sudden trying to be nice.  She only works 3 days a week but she chooses to pop up every Saturday night at 8:00.  I feel like night time is very hectic for us with baths and supper and trying to get them to bed.  I feel like she doesnt respect our time.  Saturday nights are the only night my husband and I get together because he doesnt have to work on Sundays.  I have spoke to my husband about this and he gets mad at me.  Its really sad, he is just so happy his mom is having something to do with our babies.  Im trying hard to like her but it is so hard when I cant forget all the evil things she has done to me.  I dread Saturday nights now. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
abra
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
If your husband and you aren't seeing the situation the same, you might just have to make a conscience effort to not allow her behavior to get to you. Try to plan on her coming by and work around it for your husband's sake. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)