• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hyper Energetic 15 month old

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Any ideas for playtime as well as educational ideas? And how can I get my 15 month old to enjoy story time during the day, not just during bedtime?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shajdinyak
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM
I have two energetic girls...all I can say is he she will do better as they get older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrissyBAyre
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Thank you for your input :)

abra
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I try to just include my kids in whatever I am doing. When I am cleaning, I give them a rag to "help". I bought them mini brooms and vaccums. We turn on music and dance around the house a lot. I try to play with them a lot during the day. And for reading, I try to read books they pick out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You dont need any formal education time at this age. You can do thing like take her to a farm to look at animals and talk about what sound the animal makes. Look at books with big bright pictures of animals. When you give her somethiing like a block tell her what color it is. Read short like 2 minutes books ate first and in time she will want longer books. There are lots of fun things to do with 15 month olds and they all teach your baby.

erikays
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Exploring the outside, sensory items, playing in homemade tents..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I do all of these things too. You can check out your local library for story time groups. They do them weekly in my area for free.

Quoting abra:

I try to just include my kids in whatever I am doing. When I am cleaning, I give them a rag to "help". I bought them mini brooms and vaccums. We turn on music and dance around the house a lot. I try to play with them a lot during the day. And for reading, I try to read books they pick out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose wherever we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them." 

jessicaaris
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
They have them at our local library once a week. My kids love music so I will often put music on while I clean and they just have a ball dancing around. And it's good for burning off some of that built up energy too.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

I do all of these things too. You can check out your local library for story time groups. They do them weekly in my area for free.

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrissyBAyre
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Thank you so much for the input guys! My daughter loves to dance by the way :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Well we let ours watch an Elmo video, or an episode of Sesame Street. There's also an indoor playground here that we take her to during the winter or in the summer on days that it rains. Regular playground on nice days in the summer. We also go for lots of walks and my boyfriend takes her on a bike ride every day in the spring/summer when it's nice out. As for story time, I'm not sure how to help you. We started reading to DD right away after she was born and now she LOVES books at anytime of the day.

Oh I almost forgot, we take DD to the mall and we'll let her out of her stroller and she loves pushing the stroller, we only do that when we're both there so one can hold the stroller with her and the other can run after her if she feels the need to run away or lay down on the floor. And the zoo, she love love loves the zoo

CrissyBAyre
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)