• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ds has his first ear infection :(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

The past few days ds has had a cold, but he's been acting totally normal. While we were out shopping today I noticed that he had fluid coming out of his ear, so I called his doctor and they couldn't get him in, so we went over to the urgent care. Ds has an infection in both ears. The doctor said it looked like it was just starting, ds didn't have a fever and the doctor couldn't believe how happy ds was acting. They prescribed him antibiotics. I hope he starts to get better soon, it makes me so sad, his first ear infection one month before his 2nd birthday :(

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Warm a rag up and put it against his ear. I used to get them do severe I would be hospitalized. That will help him with pain. Sorry momma I'm sure that is no fun at all! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
x0jadensmama0x
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Aww. Hope your lil one gets better soon. My daughters had a few of those so far, not fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Quoting Kristin42010:

Warm a rag up and put it against his ear. I used to get them do severe I would be hospitalized. That will help him with pain. Sorry momma I'm sure that is no fun at all! :(

Kristin42010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Your welcome. If he was older I would say heating pad but he can't tell you it's too hot.

Quoting lauratupper:

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Quoting Kristin42010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Awwww :( Brandon (18 months) hasn't had an ear infection before either. 

babygomez
by April on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Awe :( i hope he recovers real soon! I have no experience with ear infections, but i can imagine how sad you must feel (((hugs))).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)