Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you bathe with your kids??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

My LO is about to outgrow his baby bath tub. I thought I might buy him an inflatable tub to use until he turns 1 but now I'm thinking I might just start bathing with him. He's 5 months and can sit up unassited for 30seconds to 1 minute. So I was wondering if you bathe with your kids and what age you started doing it at. Also any tips since he can't quite sit up yet.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I did from the time she was born until she could sit in the tub unassisted (6 months).

Amelia.Jean
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Yes :) we have a bath then goes from infant to toddler. We removed the sling and some nights it's easier and faster to just bath him in that in the tub. Other nights myself or DH bathe with him. Before he could sit unassisted we would just put him on our knee and hold him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candymandy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I bathed with my boys newborn to about 2. it was just easier to have them climb in with me stay on task with the shampoo and soap and then bundle them up and send them on their way. Till my oldest started to really enjoy bath time and want to play forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paaepae
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

my 5mth old gets a bath with my 2yr old....I hold her up and when I am done, I dress her and sit her in the bumbo while I bathe her brother.

They get showers will us from time to time.

hiswifey92
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM

i dont but my hubby does! we dont trust riley in the tub alone

MrsJenL
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I don't with my baby girl only b/c my 2yr old son tires to get in! But my hubby has with our son a few times.... he did have a swim suit on. Last night our son just jumped on in with Daddy. It was cute and it helped him feel better. Now my son enjoys taking showers by "himself" I watch while otside the curtain.

scperdomo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Yes. DS still showers with DH. He's 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Yes. I started when they were a few weeks old. It's a great place to nurse & to up supply. I just get in, hold on to them & wash them then DH takes them out. Now that DS is 3 it doesn't happen often with him anymore. But I do with DD as she's only 5 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamie2386
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

both me and dh are lucky to get a shower alone, if my 2yo hears the water turn on, he runs to the bathroom stripping down along the way, we cant even say the word shower, we have to call it the 's' word to be able to escape without him lol. my advice would be, if possible, to hold him and get him clean, cuddle and play a little, and then let dh get him out and dressed while you finish up.

sofia0587
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Sometimes, when I'm rushing and don't have time to give her a regular bath I bring her in with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)