Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scariest moment of my life!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so I was setting at my moms having dinner with them. We was upstairs talking about different things. Dd was running around because she had finished. So there is a gate so they can not fall down the stairs. Dd is almost 22 months. My back was to the gate and all of a sudden I hear the gate fall and dd at the same time. I blacked out. All I heard after was my brother say Kristin ive got her she just tripped and knocked it over she is fine. When I snapped back to reality I was crying so hard and had knocked my glass of tea all over sil. I just wanted to hold dd. I can't believe I blacked out. I've never been so scared. I thought my baby fell down the stairs! :( so now my mom has promised to get a gate the can screw into the wall and treat as a gate at all times. Has anyone else ever blacked out from fear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
southernchick06
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive tripped over these damn gates 3 times already 1st time with ds in my arms 2nd time i broke my elbow 3rd time i sprang my wrist. Plz plz plz get one that screws into the wall. They are so much better and worth every penny.

Im glad your dd is ok. And we all have our moments when we freak out more then they do.

((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather.marie08
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm constantly tripping over our gates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I don't have gates in my home. I just baby proofed everything but dd has been leaning over the gate at my moms and I guess that's what I imagined when I heard it fall. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never blacked out from fear but I can totally understand! Glad she's okay. ((((hugs))))

treasure1212
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Fortunately I have never blacked out but I did become superwoman once . We were on my moms por of her moble home which the porch was about 5 feet off the ground.my son was 2 and he saw my sister pull up wi5th her baby . He was on a big wheel bike typ thing and went racing toward the step but before anyone could get to him he tumbled down the steps . My mom said I flew , my feet left the top step then land at my son we had to take him to the dr because his top teeth went through his bottom lip. Thankfully he didn't need stitches the dr said he was ok . The rush I had gotten when I saw my little boy start to fall was like nothing else I had ever felt .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Glad your baby was ok!

Quoting treasure1212:

Fortunately I have never blacked out but I did become superwoman once . We were on my moms por of her moble home which the porch was about 5 feet off the ground.my son was 2 and he saw my sister pull up wi5th her baby . He was on a big wheel bike typ thing and went racing toward the step but before anyone could get to him he tumbled down the steps . My mom said I flew , my feet left the top step then land at my son we had to take him to the dr because his top teeth went through his bottom lip. Thankfully he didn't need stitches the dr said he was ok . The rush I had gotten when I saw my little boy start to fall was like nothing else I had ever felt .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)