Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a question, might be tmi for some.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

Here lately my son has had a lot of runny poopy diaper. I got to think about it today, it has been about 2 weeks or so since he had a solid poop. He has no fever and his diet has not changed, he drinks about 2 to 3 cups of milk a day and about 2 cups of juice. I feel at a lost and i feel like i should know more about what to do about this from my 5 daughters. But i never had to experience this with my girls. Should i call the dr and have him checked up? Or is there something i should try to see if it helps??

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MIMIBRIE
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM
How old is he? Could he be teething?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom_2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

how old is he?

new_mom_2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

and also sometimes juice causes runny poop, my daughter is 10 months and caused runny poop, are you mixing water with it or just straight up juice?

Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM

it could be teething or maybe try cutting out the juice or giving him a different kinda or just water

Proud_Muslimah
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

What kind of juice are you giving him? Orange juice usually losens the stool..... Try water instead of juice...

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
My oldest used to go through the same thing sometimes. Not sure why. But she is normal and healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
super_mom_5
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM

he will be 14 months on feb 22nd. He seems like he may be teething but not sure if he is or not. His gum is not real red.

Mommytomuffin
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Like the previous posters said, juice definitely makes the poop runny. Try cutting that out for a couple of days and see if that helps. Give him water to keep him hydrated from all the loose stool. I hope this helps

CafeMom Tickers
super_mom_5
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I usually give him apple juice. Ill try putting a little more water in his juice and see if that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)