Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First night in her crib last night....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

We have a super king bed that the three of us have been bedsharing but we recently bought a crib because I've noticed that she has wanted her own bed lately (she was taking up more than half of our super king by herself lol!) So we got her a 4-in-1 crib and pushed it against our bed, making sure both mattresses were even and there were no gaps for her to fall in. So we put her in the middle of it last night. Well, she slept from 10 to 5 straight with no interuptions, then ate for 10 minutes and went back to sleep until 8, but I got hardly any sleep! I guess my body knew that she wasn't sleeping with me, so I went back to normal sleep & when I woke up I had flipped sides! I freaked out only to remember she was in her crib but it scared me so much. I have not moved at all while sleeping since we had bedshared. That was my first time moving at night! So then I spent the rest of the night staring at her to make sure she was breathing and would wake up every 20 minutes. So it was successful for her but pretty uneasy for me...

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jessicaaris
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Awww I'm sorry. I was the same way when I co-slept, I would not move an inch but once I put my kids in their own bed I was all over the bed, lol. It will get easier, it just takes some adjustment for both of you. That is good that she took to it so well though.

norahsmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Aww, how old is she? I never moved in my sleep either when babies were in bed with me. I share with my week old son now and I am so paranoid I will roll or bump on him in my sleep that he is way over on his own side of the king size bed. I still never move in my sleep though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

It takes getting use to, but you will be glad you made the transition. DD is 8 now. I let her sleep with me when SO is gone and regret it in the morning. She sleeps so wild, lol.

Mommytomuffin
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I am glad she slept good!! after the 1st few nights you will be sleeping peacefully again :) I couldn't sleep too well the first few nights after I put ds in his crib for the first time. We didn't co-sleep but he was in his bassinett right next to my bed so it was definitely a big change to move him into a different room where the crib was. After the first few nights I was back to sleeping good :)

CafeMom Tickers
megangary
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Woo hoo! That's the most creative strategy I've ever heard of!

PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I had the same reaction when we started transitioning my son into a crib at 6 months. He is 100% in his crib now and has been since 8 months.

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM
awww i am so sorry...put mine in his crib 1st time sometime in jan,he did just fine too..
Angel mommy to two boys,
Tyler
Aug 9th,02
Jacob
dec 28,11
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)