Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

colapsed ribs,

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
So my 3 month old has had a stuffy nose for about a week now. Well last night when I was changing his diaper it looked like a couple of his rips looked like they colapsed. Is this normal or should I call the doctor. He hasn't been fuzzy and doesn't have a fever. Here lately it has been afecting his eating a little bit but not much. He is retracking a little. So is it normal for rips to look like they colapsed a little? Any advice Helps. Thank you in advanced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom_of_one_2010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM
If your worried, bring him in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:56 AM
This..ribs dont colaspe without injury..lungs do

Quoting mom_of_one_2010:

If your worried, bring him in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LarissaLopeman
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Thank you ladys I will call the Doctors tomorrow and make an appointment to get it checked out. Just thought it was weird but doesn't seem to bother him though. Thanks again ladys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Where does it look like that? My son has pectus excavatum. It looks like he has a sunken chest in between his ribs. His was noticeable at birth but I've heard other moms didn't notice it until later on.

LarissaLopeman
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM
On his right side done at the bottom of his ribs. When he breathes in you middle of his chest and both sides sink in but when you feel the right side you feel the ribs and going down it sinks in a bit.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Where does it look like that? My son has pectus excavatum. It looks like he has a sunken chest in between his ribs. His was noticeable at birth but I've heard other moms didn't notice it until later on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)