Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies #1 Birthday...Planning,Affordability,Worries & Solutions!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Affording birthday's can be a challenge for some parents. Every parent want's their child's first birthday to be amazing. I know I definately do! So I was wondering what affordable birthday ideas other Mommies have? What did you do for your childs first? What are your plans for his/her #1 birthday party? I would love to hear all about it.

Also...

What are some solutions to a "bad weather" birthday?

or...

Quick solutions to party boo-boos and keeping your cool

(cake being dropped) (no one shows) (someone gets hurt)

I can't wait to hear your responses!

-Sydney's Mommy

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kristin42010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Their birthday will be amazing because you make it amazing. Don't stress their party. They are turning one. I had my daughters at a community center. Pink and brown table clothes balloons and 3 cakes. 1 was cupcakes that looked like a monkey. One was a princess cake and the other was the cake for her to dig her face in. She won't remember it. Spend more money on toys then making everything look fabulous. The toys are what they will remember and make more days then just one amazing. I hope your lo enjoys their bday! :) don't stress it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misery_Stitches
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Dd we had a bbq at home with close friends and family. Low key, didn't need to decorate, lots of fun and relaxing.

Ds we had a picnic at a local park. Again didn't need to decorate and was fairly low key and lots of fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

We had a picnic at a park with family and friends. We didn't really do decorations just a bunch of food. 

mammabear413
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

were doing a bbq with freinds n family, with a few games for older kids nothing much. sesame street decor. mostly ballons bc kids love them. having hannaford grocery store make my cupcakes bc  i dont have time to one less thing igot to do plus a cake for him for is party and on his is actualy bday. one todayis all he will get bc everyone will be there. a ball pit is what hes gonna get. sm favor bags for the kids. his party should cost 350 at the max. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)