Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Video Monitors (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I know some of you will tell me its frivilous, unnecessary, etc but I disagree so if that's what you want to say, move on lol.

I need to replace ours, that broke about a year ago. The sound went out. And 6 weeks ago the night vision stopped working. I have a summer one, with the handheld, not the kind with the TV. To replace it on amazon is nearly $200.

Does anyone have a different version, hopefully cheaper, that they can rave about? I'm reading the reviews on the other makes/models and its all hit or miss. I used this same kind as a nanny and never had any troubles till I had my own.

I want a good quality one, that'll last through night weaning my DD and another future kid.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Ive got a summer with a handeld that Ve had for 2 years and love it. We just upgraded to the one with the 2 way radio and pan zoom camera. I'm using the big one for my 2 year d and the new one for my NB.
That are well worth the price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Maybe I just got a bad one? As a nanny I never had problems but mine started falling apart after a year.

Quoting Avetay:

Ive got a summer with a handeld that Ve had for 2 years and love it. We just upgraded to the one with the 2 way radio and pan zoom camera. I'm using the big one for my 2 year d and the new one for my NB.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Hmm, not sure of cheap ones. The one I have is about $250 but it works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Quoting Turtledoves:

Hmm, not sure of cheap ones. The one I have is about $250 but it works great.

I sure wish the one I got as a GIFT was still working =/

Shelling out this much sucks cause DD is two but I know we're going to try for more and will have to buy that and more so why not do it now. Its been rough not having a real monitor at night for 6 weeks!!!!!

Avetay
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Mine was about $125 when I got it 2 years ago. The replacement cameras are about $80

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Maybe I just got a bad one? As a nanny I never had problems but mine started falling apart after a year.

Quoting Avetay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM

The best I'm seeing is $160 on amazon. But I wasn't aware I could replace the camera. Not sure it'd be worth it though since the sound on the handheld is haywire also.

Quoting Avetay:

Mine was about $125 when I got it 2 years ago. The replacement cameras are about $80

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting Avetay:

militarywife09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I have the Summer one that's about $200. Idk if that's the one your talking about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2grls06
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Digital-Video-Monitor-Screen/dp/B004VL2VRY/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1329086952&sr=1-1

That's what we have. I love it! We have the 3.5 inch screen one since I wanted one that would pan and scan and zoom.

A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Cloth diapering, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, mommy to my 4 girls and wife to my Marine
Abortion? What part of "Thou shalt NOT kill" don't you understand?
God, guts and guns made America. Let's keep it all there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)