Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flight trip w/a 16 month & 4 mo. pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 24 Replies
Hello everyone, planning a 1 hour flight with my son & I'm 4 months pregnant. A.t advice...carseat on flight or have him on my lap.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I have never flown with a young child before... bump

larissalarie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM
A1 hour flight will be easy! Bring plenty of snacks & toys/books, but that short a flight you likely won't even need them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferw10
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I think one hour should be quick so I would sit him on lap.
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I would definitely bring car seat on the flight!  I alwas bring car seats when we fly...it's safer.  We also have long flights when we fly, because we fly from Germany to the US (and back), and my son tends to sleep the whole time.  Toys, snacks, books, anything your little one loves to play with to keep him busy.  I was about 2 1/2 month pregnant the second trip we took.  :)

liss05
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I just had my DD on my lap down to Florida(wasn't really a lot of room on the plane for a carseat imoL and I brought some snacks & a book plus she nursed most of the way down

jnttd
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM
I can't even get my 19mo to sit through dinner for 15mins. There's no way I could drive there, be at the airport for hours, then get in a car and go to our destination without a complete meltdown. I don't think there will be anything easy about it.
Good luck!

Quoting larissalarie:

A1 hour flight will be easy! Bring plenty of snacks & toys/books, but that short a flight you likely won't even need them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloves2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting angela.bouchard:

I have never flown with a young child before... bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh but airports & airplanes are new and terribly fascinating :-) I really have flown with a baby more than a few times, it was always a pleasant experience despite my concerns otherwise.
Quoting jnttd:

I can't even get my 19mo to sit through dinner for 15mins. There's no way I could drive there, be at the airport for hours, then get in a car and go to our destination without a complete meltdown. I don't think there will be anything easy about it.

Good luck!

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Id have him sit in my lap and brings tons of snacks and toys! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Have him sit on your lap and you can bring snacks through security but they have to be not opened and can't be liquids but I was able to have juice in my sons sippy cup and they didn't say anything. Must airports I've been to I haven't had a problem good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)