Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hematoma Recovery?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

Did anyone else have a vulval hematoma as a result of vaginal delivery? If so, how long did it take for the tenderness to go away?

Mine was treated with surgury to remove the clots and stop the bleeding, and last week (at my 6 week appt) the doc confirmed that all incisions were healed up nicely I'm still very tender and sore on the side where I had the hematoma. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauratupper
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I didn't, glad to hear everything is healing well though. Just give it some more time, I'm sure the tenderness will go away eventually.

CathlinS
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Haha, yeah...eventually :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grapejelly
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

i had a large tear and a hematoma (they didnt treat the hematoma)  I had reconstructive surgery at 12 weeks PP for the tear - i had healed badly... I think a lot of my pain was from the hematoma though.. I felt ok probably 20 weeks PP, and when my period returned I was still "sore" there during my period for a long time.. I think it was just recently I haven't been noticing the soreness when standing for a long time during my period... and my LO is 19 months... 

so I'm not sure if my prolonged soreness was from the hematoma (that they never treated) or if it was my poor healing of the vaginal tear

CathlinS
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Ouch!! Yeah, I couldn't walk upright or do anything close to sitting til they found and drained/repaired my hematoma (2 days after delivery). 19 months...I guess patience really is key.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I'm glad it's getting better. I don't know anything about it, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I did not

Bump!

CathlinS
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I've struggled to find info about it online, so needless to say there's even LESS info about recovery. Maybe some other desperate Googler will find this thread and share her experience. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)