Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice on sickness

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
my dd has developed a cough and stuffy nose. the dr said it's not nessecary to bring her in unless she was running a fever (which she's not) but i feel so bad for her. can you ladies give me any suggestions on how to make her more comfortable until this passes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM

boogy wipes are awesome.. I've also given my daughter some of the children's mucinex.. the children's robutussin has helped in the past..

ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
my dd is only 7 months...can you take the cough medicine?

Quoting victoriaherring:

boogy wipes are awesome.. I've also given my daughter some of the children's mucinex.. the children's robutussin has helped in the past..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I'm not sure. though I still think boogy wipes are awesome.. We also have a breathing machine that always helps us. My daughter had RSV and seems to get sick like this more often.

Quoting ZoeysMom11:

my dd is only 7 months...can you take the cough medicine?

Quoting victoriaherring:

read my blog: www.rainingparade.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

phoenixmom2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Go turn the hot water on in the shower. And let the steam build up and sit in the bathroom with her for about five min. It will help break up the mucus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Do you have a humidifier? You can put that in her room while she sleeps. Or turn the shower on hot so it steams up and bring her in there. Use a suction bulb and saline drops if you feel comfortable. 

abra
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM
This is what I do, too.

Quoting phoenixmom2011:

Go turn the hot water on in the shower. And let the steam build up and sit in the bathroom with her for about five min. It will help break up the mucus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JW0618
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM

My 7 month old had a bad ear infection but never ran a fever...

la_bella_vita
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I agree with everything posted.

Bump!

jayde08
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Is it teething? My daughter gets this eay when she teeths. I used Android electric suctionet for her nose cause it works twice as fast. Also running water in shower and boogie wipes are awesome. There isn't any meet u can give aside from tylenol or ibuprofen she's too young. If she don't have fever just keep nose clean and let it pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)