Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice on crib sleeping

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 9wk old dd has been sleeping in her swing since she was 5 wks due to her having rsv...we had her in the swing so she could breathe better but she got over that weeks ago and now I can't get her to stay asleep in her bassinet/crib. I'll get her to sleep and minutes after I lay her down she wakes up and starts screaming. We've tried her on her back, side, and tummy. Any thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
angevil53
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

the rock and play sleeper, my daughter is three months and hasn't had a bad night since we bought it when she was two weeks old.

CathlinS
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Do you swaddle? Swaddling will help baby feel safe. More importantly, baby sleep cycles are different. Don't try and put baby in the crib right when she falls asleep, wait until she hits that limp sleep state.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PZRM
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Yes! This! It's made specifically for baby's with certain issues to sleep in. Also, Nap Nannies (sold at Babies R Us) serve the same purpose. AND if neither of those work, you can get a wedge to put under the mattress on either bassinet or crib that will raise the head end by a few degrees. :)

Quoting angevil53:

the rock and play sleeper, my daughter is three months and hasn't had a bad night since we bought it when she was two weeks old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
We do swaddle...she has a really long light sleep state...unless she's in the swing. Really frustrating. :(

Quoting CathlinS:

Do you swaddle? Swaddling will help baby feel safe. More importantly, baby sleep cycles are different. Don't try and put baby in the crib right when she falls asleep, wait until she hits that limp sleep state.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

She's still really young. When my son was that age he slept with me. Lol I couldn't get him to sleep any other way. We eventually transitioned him a few months later.

Yanismama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Swaddle her snuggly, put her down while drowsy but awake, give her a pacifier and put a white noise sound machine right beside her.

CathlinS
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM
:( like Angela says, you may want to co-sleep (we do at night). It may be easier to work on the crib transition during the day when you aren't completely drained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM
She loves her paci but she'll continuously spit it out and cry when she does so...she did well for a while with the tv down low or our air purifier running..now if there's any sound it keeps her in the light state of sleep. UNLESS we're in the car.

Quoting Yanismama:

Swaddle her snuggly, put her down while drowsy but awake, give her a pacifier and put a white noise sound machine right beside her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yanismama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I know she's young, but maybe consider letting her cry 2 minutes at a time?  If it's gonna cause you more stress to hear her cry then it's def not worth it, but it might be worth a try then give her the paci back.  However, you're her mommy, you know her best :)

Quoting skylarkdancer:

She loves her paci but she'll continuously spit it out and cry when she does so...she did well for a while with the tv down low or our air purifier running..now if there's any sound it keeps her in the light state of sleep. UNLESS we're in the car.

Quoting Yanismama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)