Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fussiness and gas question

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
My dd is 9 days old and she is very fussy and gassy today. also her poop is like rocks and looks like mustard with seeds. she is fed enfamil ar lipil, 3oz every 2-3 hours. she sleeps up to 4 hours between feedings at night. she isnt spitting up or arching her back.

what can i do to help her, i feel bad when she starts crying and kicking her legs.

btw i make her sit ip for 30min after eating and it takes her a while sometime to burp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JadedFaerie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Change formulas.  Also lay her on her back and push her legs up towards her chest.

Yanismama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Put a blanket in the dryer to get it warm then hold it on her tummy.  Either that or put her bare belly to yours or daddy's bare belly.  The warmth will comfort her and also help pass the gas. Also what kind of bottles do you use.  Dr. Brown's are good and I used them with my first 3 kids, but honestly the Playtex Drop-ins are better in my opinion b/c you squeeze out every bit of the air.

Yanismama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

And by the way, Mylicon drops are a waste of money if you ask me.  Try Baby's Bliss gripe water.  Also bicycle her legs slowly and push them gently towards her chest.

Jssg1986
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
I use playtex drop ins and ill try thw heat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM
the seed looking poop is normal...but not feeling like rocks. you can give her gas drops though to help with the gas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)