Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your IUGR success stories!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM
  • 20 Replies
I apologize of there is already a thread about this, but IUGR stories always fascinate me!

Please share yours!
Were you induced or emergency CS?
At what gestation was your LO born?
How much did s/he weigh?
At what gestation was it noticed and monitored?
How are they doing now? Weight/age?

I'll come back and share my (mild) story in a bit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichaelsMom330
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Were you induced? I was, with pitocin, but I had no pain meds :)
At what gestation was your LO born? One day shy of 38 weeks
How much did s/he weigh? Only 4 pounds 14 ounces
At what gestation was it noticed and monitored? About 34 weeks, he stopped growing at about 32 weeks
How are they doing now? Weight/age? He's doing great! He's a very healthy and active almost 5 year old! I believe he's about 40 pounds, and 38" tall.

iMommyDi
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Awesome!!

Quoting MichaelsMom330:

Were you induced? I was, with pitocin, but I had no pain meds :)
At what gestation was your LO born? One day shy of 38 weeks
How much did s/he weigh? Only 4 pounds 14 ounces
At what gestation was it noticed and monitored? About 34 weeks, he stopped growing at about 32 weeks
How are they doing now? Weight/age? He's doing great! He's a very healthy and active almost 5 year old! I believe he's about 40 pounds, and 38" tall.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iMommyDi
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracieb3
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Not mine but my friend had her first that was IUGR.  Scheduled induction 3 weeks early as baby not growing or gaining weight and knew about a heart condition, vaginal birth, baby 5 plus pounds and beautiful.  She was in NICU for 12 days with heart condition monitored and feeding tube.  Once she gained some weight and would suck a bottle she was discharged.  She had 2 surgeries under the age of 1.  She is 3 yrs old now and she is perfect.  She is a little small but still around the 10th percentile so no worries.  We adore her.   

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I had an emergency CS. She was born at 38 weeks gestation. She weighed 5lbs 4oz. They noticed at 34 weeks. She is healthy and average weight and height : )

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

What is IUGR?

sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Were you induced or emergency CS?  I was induced
At what gestation was your LO born?   36 weeks
How much did s/he weigh?  3 pounds 8 ounces
At what gestation was it noticed and monitored?  about 20 weeks. I had weekly ultrasounds and stress tests.
How are they doing now? Weight/age?  My daughter Emilee is 18 months now. Happy and healthy 24 pounds.

peaches_04
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I have 2 iugr babies.
I refused induction with both

The first was a successfull hospital birth at 39 weeks
The second was a barely success homebirth at 40 weeks.
My first 5lbs 9oz at birth is 20lbs at 2 1/2 with some developemental delays.
My second is 3months born at 5lbs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Noticed and monitored with both whenever they start with fundal height measurement
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Were you induced or emergency CS? induction which led to c-section due to failure to progress
At what gestation was your LO born? 37 1/2 weeks
How much did s/he weigh? 4lbs 13 oz
At what gestation was it noticed and monitored? not sure when they exactly noticed it, around 32 or 33 weeks is when they became somewhat concerned. Had an u/s at 34 weeks and was still measuring small fundal height, had another u/s at 37 1/2 weeks and baby had not grown well in that 3 1/2 weeks so induction was ordered, I didnt even get to leave the hospital after the u/s, they told me I was having a baby that weekend and i said no, hes not due for 3 more weeks  
How are they doing now? Weight/age? 4 1/2 yrs old, 30lbs, 39 inches, still only in the 5th percentile, hes just a small one for his age still, but pretty healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)