Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccinations. Yes or No.

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 91 Replies

I seen a post the other day by a woman saying that she believed that vaccinations were harmful to children and she was not getting her children vaccinated. What are your thoughts on this. I get my children vaccinated I just dont know how I feel about my child being around children that are not vaccinated. That is why I would like to see how other moms feel on the subject.

by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter (5 now) had very few vaccines before she was 12 months old,and none since.And won't recieve any more.I do not want those unnecessary,harmful ingredients in her young body.We build her immune system naturally.And she's the healthiest child I know :)

moroccanmommy
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM
My kids are vaccinated. Its a choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inkaholicj
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Yes, but they are delayed. I never give more than one vac at a time. If I suspect ANY reaction that vac never gets repeated. My pediatricians complain, the schools complain, and I just smile and do what I feel is right for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Madre
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I did selective and delayed.  My doc recommended it.  There is no study (that I'm aware of) that has proven a link between Autism or other disorders and vaccines (that hasn't been 'disproven') but I've heard enough anecdotal evidence of mom's saying their son or daughter was one way before getting the shots, and then got sick after getting the shot and never being quite the same that I am wary.  I got the ones that are most important and relevant and decided to wait on the rest.  Filling a tiny child with that amount of cheicals has to be dangerous in my opinion.  so we decied to take it slow. 

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I fully vaccinate :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
No vaccinations here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 kids that I have had vaccinated.  We don't follow the recommendations perfectly as I don't like to give a bunch at once but they do get them all.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM
My kids get all recommended shots except Flu and Rotavax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM

My son has been fully vaccinated so far, minus flu and varicella(sp?)

stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

I fully vaccinate :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)