Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

babies and carseats

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
My dd will flipout any time we put her in a carseat. Screaming bloody murder. If we lift the carseat and move it around she will calm down but once you put it into the car she flops out and screams her head off until she either cries herself to sleep or we take her and the carseat out. If you then try to put the carseat down then she will cry again. But will be completely fine once you take her out of the carseat. We used to calm her will a pacing but she wont take it anymore. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitkat316
by Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM
How old is she? My daughter hated the car seat at first then we took out the head support, she could hold her head up, and now she's fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louise1212
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM
She is 3months next week. And we were thinking about taking out the extra one. We have the one that came with it and another one for extra support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louise1212
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I replied but forgot to quote

Quoting kitkat316:

How old is she? My daughter hated the car seat at first then we took out the head support, she could hold her head up, and now she's fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StevensCare4u
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM

DS did the same thing, He hated carseats until it was time for a sit up carseat. HE HATED those damn pumkin seats.

louise1212
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM
But the next time I'm out we will try without the head support. Shes pretty good with her head but I just think if she falls asleep her head will fall to the side.

Quoting louise1212:

I replied but forgot to quote

Quoting kitkat316:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM
My middle guy was like that. Around the time he turned 1 he got over it, but before that going anywhere sucked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM

You should never add an aftermarket head support to it.  Try taking out the extra.  That might make a big difference.  Also make sure it's at a proper angle to keep her comfy.

kirstina
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM

My 4 month old hates her car seat.

nellyb118
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Ds can be like that sometimes...I bought a head rest mirror so he can see himself & I can see him plus a few car seat toys and it's helped alot. He also likes talk radio...it quiets him down & he intently listens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM
yep. same here. They get over it eventually.

Quoting larissalarie:

My middle guy was like that. Around the time he turned 1 he got over it, but before that going anywhere sucked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN