Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Congested baby :(

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
My 3 no old son is super congested with a very stuffy nose. Beside using the good old nose sucker what else can I do to help him? Especially at night it is affecting his sleep. I did elevate the head of his mattress some, looking for any ideas!!!! Thanks mommies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stormystar15
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM
A humidifier has always worked wonders for my kids and me. also if you dont have one take him in the bathroom with a hot shower going and sit in there and the steam will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadedFaerie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Get a bowl of steamy water and place a breathable towel over him and his head so he breathes the steam.

meagan0716
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:20 AM
Saline drops little noses and a humidifier. If you don't have one take him into the bathroom close the door turn the shower on as hot as it will go and sit in there with him. For about 10mins or so. I know it sounds crazy but it works I had to do it with my dd 6monthshaving recently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 AM

if you breastfeed, I hear that some moms have dropped a few drops of breastmilk in baby's nose to help with the congestion. I also agree with steaming up the shower in the bathroom and sitting in there and letting baby breathe in the steam. hope that your LO feels better soon.

SOCO101
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Quoting meagan0716:

Saline drops little noses and a humidifier. If you don't have one take him into the bathroom close the door turn the shower on as hot as it will go and sit in there with him. For about 10mins or so. I know it sounds crazy but it works I had to do it with my dd 6monthshaving recently.

Yes, the saline drops work miracles! I try to keep some handy for dd, and I'll even use em sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)