Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have or have had this nighttime problem? UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 AM
  • 16 Replies
Jackson is 9 mos. He doesn't sttn. Usually he's up at 11 and 3 for a change and maybe a bottle. At these times he's usually back to sleep within 20 mins so it's not a big deal. But sometimes, like last night, he'll sleep straight til 1 then it's like he's wide awake and it takes him an hour and a half to go back asleep. Any advice?

Update: so yesterday I cut his naps down by 30 min and kept him up an hour later.... He still was up 3 times :( but he did go right back to sleep and didn't try playing in the middle of the night. So that's good! I think he's cutting 2 more teeth so I'm sure that was probably why he woke up a little more often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moroccanmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Cosleep? . That works for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monise78
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Keep him up a little later. Less napping during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Quoting Monise78:

This worked for us when dd got around 9 months. 

AllieJ11
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
My 3 1/2 year old was like that from like 8-9 months to 14-15 months. No matter what time I put her to bed or how long she napped, she would wake up 4 hours later and be ready for playtime. And it would take a good hour to two hours to get her back to sleep. I never did figure anything out and she finally stopped on her own, but I was one exhausted momma for those few months (DH was working graveyard at the time).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hildegarde
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM
I have one that age who still wakes up once a night for a bottle more often than not. Maybe it's a growth spurt or teething bc he was sleeping better before, in any case I just leave the light off and feed him back to sleep, I don't change him if I can help it or he gets too stimulated and wakes up, I just put him in a larger size diaper for overnight. I'm pretty sure they don't need food overnight at this age but it's the only way I can get him to sleep again bc he won't stand for cosleeping, cuddling, rocking, and won't take a pacifier. I just lay him back down after his bottle and he goes back to sleep. Obviously I don't talk to him and Try to keep it boring. Maybe he's ready to drop a nap if he continually sleeps poorly at night, too many good naps during the day. Some babies go down to 1 big nap really quickly, that will be my next strategy if shortening his am nap doesn't work, I will try taking it away.
Mlynncamp
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Do you remember what you guys did around 9 mos? Right now he goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. He also has a nap at 9 and 1 and they are 45 min to hour and a half each. Never sleeping more than 3 hrs during the day.

Quoting SOCO101:

Quoting Monise78:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mlynncamp
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I hope he outgrows it too!

Quoting AllieJ11:

My 3 1/2 year old was like that from like 8-9 months to 14-15 months. No matter what time I put her to bed or how long she napped, she would wake up 4 hours later and be ready for playtime. And it would take a good hour to two hours to get her back to sleep. I never did figure anything out and she finally stopped on her own, but I was one exhausted momma for those few months (DH was working graveyard at the time).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mlynncamp
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM
This sounds like Jackson. He will not stand for cosleeping either. And I have to feed him to sleep also. He is starting to shorten his morning nap so maybe I'll try cutting it out. Thanks!

Quoting Hildegarde:

I have one that age who still wakes up once a night for a bottle more often than not. Maybe it's a growth spurt or teething bc he was sleeping better before, in any case I just leave the light off and feed him back to sleep, I don't change him if I can help it or he gets too stimulated and wakes up, I just put him in a larger size diaper for overnight. I'm pretty sure they don't need food overnight at this age but it's the only way I can get him to sleep again bc he won't stand for cosleeping, cuddling, rocking, and won't take a pacifier. I just lay him back down after his bottle and he goes back to sleep. Obviously I don't talk to him and Try to keep it boring. Maybe he's ready to drop a nap if he continually sleeps poorly at night, too many good naps during the day. Some babies go down to 1 big nap really quickly, that will be my next strategy if shortening his am nap doesn't work, I will try taking it away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Quoting Mlynncamp:

Do you remember what you guys did around 9 mos? Right now he goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. He also has a nap at 9 and 1 and they are 45 min to hour and a half each. Never sleeping more than 3 hrs during the day.

Quoting SOCO101:

Quoting Monise78:

This worked for dd best:

Bed at 10:30

She'd sleep till 7-8am

Then take a nap from 12 till she woke up. Usually about 1 or 2

A bath and lotion at 10 then bed. 

Sometimes she'd wake up during the night and I'd give her a bottle and lay her back in bed. Where I screwed up..I started putting her in the bed with us when she did wake up. Now she won't sleep in her bed at all. She's 16 months now. So don't start putting him in the bed with you, unless you want to make it a permant thing. 

Hildegarde
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Let me know if that works for you, taking away the am nap I mean! Mine sleeps no more than 3 hours a day also but is starting to get up for the day at 4 am! So something has to change!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)