Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you correct a one year old??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM
  • 20 Replies
My ma said watch him and let him learn. Idk. I try keeping everything out of reach from him but he always finds something and he knows when its something he can't have. And its everything he can't have that he wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stasiasworld
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
A frim no followed by either removing the thing or moving him, it will take time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Redirect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Same here, I have a 16 month old. She's going through this phase where all she wants to do is watch Mickey mouse clubhouse on my labtop. I hide it under the couch and she finds it...I've found out that when I put it up she gets mad, so as long as it's on the couch playing or not she's happy. IDK what that's about.

If she's doing something she's not supposed to usually just a stern "NO" will do the trick, but if it's something really serious like touching the diles on the stove. I'll tap her hand and say "NO, it's hot!" When I do that it breaks her heart!

CAMKsMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Redirect or remove the item or the child.

danie24
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Redirection.

Give baby something else to do.. keep dangers out of reach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stasiasworld
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I don't want to tap hands but its so hard I don't have high enough place for nic nacs so I basically stored everything in my bathroom cause he will touch it repeatedly even after "no"... Idk... I hope its something he grows out of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the mamas above. Redirection is pretty much all you can do. Luckily their attention spans are about 30 seconds long at this age, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

tell him no we dont touch nonos my 2 yr olds finally got it i tell her no and she drops whatever she shouldnt have

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Redirection

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)