Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking maybe I should go to the doctor

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM
  • 19 Replies

The past month or so I have been feeling really lazy. Usually I am pretty energetic, I mean everyone has a few off days but it seems like I have more off days than on days. I am not sad or upset or anything like that, I just don't have any motivation to do anything. I do my normal chores and I also go to school online on top of working a little and my three kids which is a lot sometimes but it didn't use to be a problem. Now I just don't have the energy to do anything. I am not sick and I don't have any medical conditions that I know of, my youngest is 15 months so I know it isn't PPD. I am not sure if it is worth a trip to the doctor (I don't have insurance) so see if maybe there is something she recommends or if I just have myself spread too thin. I am not sure. I just don't like feeling lazy but I can't help that I don't have the energy to do things. Or maybe it is just my mindset. I don't know. Has anyone felt like this before?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

feeling overwhelmed can cause depression is there a free clinic in your area?

skymcr
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I have felt just like that. I was feeling exhausted, so I went to the dr and I was diagnosed with anxiety. They referred me to a therapist, but between school, work, and my children I never went to se e her. I recently got over it. My friends were my therapy. I feel like a weight was lifted off me shoulders. Is there someone you can talk to? Maybe meet a friends for lunch once in a while? I think that's what helped me. I did not considered medication an option because I am Bf my baby. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Makynzies_Mommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I am going through the same thing right now...I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessputter
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

theres a condition my son has... called SAD.. Seasonal Affective Disorder.... the weather and lack of sunlight can really  make an impact on your moods and.. intrests... my son is 12.. and has had this since he was 6... we see a huge decrese in his  food intake... he wants to sleep more..  not as happy go lucky as he normally is... . He also has quite a few other conditions.. but this shows up each and every winter.. it may be something you can look into.... we have a better handle on it then we ever have.. I hope you get to feeling more like you...

vanprada
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Sometimes if you look around your area there are support groups that can help ( almost always free) never ignore those kind of feelings or change in personality always seek help.. Hope you find som support near you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I agree with what a previous poster said about anxiety.

Also, you could have an iron or vitamin D deficiency. Either of those could make you feel tired and sluggish.

At any rate, a good multivitamin could help you.

Also, st. Johns wort is a mood booster. Maybe that could help your mindset?? Not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I have gone through the same thing ((hugs))

jessicaaris
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Did you just get over it or did you get medication or something?

Quoting la_bella_vita:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I just started taking vitamins and making sure I got enough sleep.  I go into funks from time to time. I just change things/shake things up. Schedules help me.

Quoting jessicaaris:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I also fogot to add, I went to the doctor and I was low on iron!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I just started taking vitamins and making sure I got enough sleep.  I go into funks from time to time. I just change things/shake things up. Schedules help me.

Quoting jessicaaris:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)