Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I just need someone to talk to..

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
So it always seems like its going to get better and it doesn't, I guess that's life. This is more of a rant than anything, sorry guys. I don't regret my daughter one bit but I wish things were different with her father. We spent last night and today together and instead of also spending another night/day together and going on a mini vacation, instead he just says "oh, was one night/day not enough?" keeping in mind I don't see him or does be see our daughter or myself during the week, and he only gets a weekend off every 6 weeks. I feel like I'm just wasting my time with him most of the time, bc usually he will drop not only me but his 13 day old daughter to go with his friends or to take off to the keys for a day. Yes I'm jealous of the freedom he still has but I'm more so upset that he is still so self absorbed. Why can't he just take on responsibility? Why does he say he wants to work on things and us be together as a family but yet not want to spend time as a family? I guess deep down I know the answer is he probably doesn't want to be a family and he still wants to live the single life.. Whatever. Now I understand why most of my friends choose to stay single once they have children.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

hugs

angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Your daughter is only 13 days old? Do you have other children? How often do you get to spend with him?

I'm sure you're very hormonal right now and if your hubby works as often as you say he does I think it's good for him to get social time outside of work and you too. That's not a bad thing, a good social life is good for everyone. 

CTpeaNApod
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM
It's not that I don't want him to have a social life but the only time we can spend with him is when he's not with his friends. In a round ab way we're put on the back burner until its a good time for him to spend time with us. And he's not my husband, and we don't live together. He's just my child's father, we used to be in a relationship together. Thanks for replying..
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were in a relationship now. That's tough :( Hopefully he can step up and be there for his daughter at least.

CTpeaNApod
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:37 AM
It's not a problem, yeah I think maybe he will be for awhile and the new will wear off and she will fade in the background also. It's sad but I'm 50% sure it will happen. It's ok though..
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

((hugs))

jessicaaris
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I am sorry (((hugs)))

CTpeaNApod
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Thanks guys :)
mami323
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but he wants to be single then let him. You don't have to stick around for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrsmommy0427
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I had to sit down with my hubby a few times about similar behavior. Once I broke it down for him on how it made me feel and why I get so mad things got TONS better. I know not every situation is the same, and we are together in my instance. But I went a long time without saying anything b/c I didn't want to fight or put more stress on us or I was worried how he might take it. So in the end I'm glad I said something! *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)