Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please do not put your baby in the bumbo seat on an elevated surface!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have come across two photos today of babies in chairs sitting in a bumbo seat. My goodness! Please dont do that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaTwinkleA
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Bump! I didn't put mine on an elevated surface and good thing too since he threw himself out of it backwards. I caught his head but the bumbo went bye bye.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM
It makes me so nervous when I see pics like that! I dont use the bumbo seat anymore because my son (5 months) is way too wiggly and Im worried he will tip over.

Quoting MamaTwinkleA:

Bump! I didn't put mine on an elevated surface and good thing too since he threw himself out of it backwards. I caught his head but the bumbo went bye bye.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I don't get what is so great about those things.

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM
I used it with the little table for a short period of time because someone recommended it. My son didnt care too much for it.

Quoting The_Doodle:

I don't get what is so great about those things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
It is sad that this post even needs to be made. There is even a red warning label NOT to do that on the product. It boggles my mind that people do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I wont point out the pics but they are on this site. I dont understand why you would put your baby on an elevated surface in something that can easily be tipped over (even more so on a fluffy chair) and not strapped in or on anything... :-\

Quoting MommeeTo4:

It is sad that this post even needs to be made. There is even a red warning label NOT to do that on the product. It boggles my mind that people do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I cant believe people do that. Those things are dangerous!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM
This should be common sense.

I've only used it on the carpeted floor. Katie doesn't like them much and can sit up fine on her own now so I don't have to worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CANDYLC
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM
That's common sense
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Some ppl don't think I guess. Our bumbo was strictly on the floor. My dd is now 14 months and likes stepping in it or trying to stand on top of it. She stepped on the back and it flipped forward, the bumbo went up in the closest

Quoting SuperMom2433:

I wont point out the pics but they are on this site. I dont understand why you would put your baby on an elevated surface in something that can easily be tipped over (even more so on a fluffy chair) and not strapped in or on anything... :-\

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)