Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Seats

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

So we are needing to look into a new car seat for our 8 month old.   It has been 9 years since I have had to look for a convertible car seat.  So does anyone have some suggestions at all.  We do also need to purchase 2 so I don't want to spend an arm and a Leg on them, yet I also don't want a super cheap one.

Please send feed back!

Thanks!

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyRJ
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
My youngest has a MyRide 65 & we really like it. I got it on sale at target for just over $100
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Vehicles? Weight? Torso length? How long do you plan to rearface?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcm710
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We have the myride 65 for my son and i plan on getting one for my daughter.

merinasmommy
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM
We have a britax and love itits bulky but safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

My son is in a my ride 65

adisler
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 7:51 AM

we have a full size truck and a car that they need to go in.  She was already 19 lbs and 27 in a month ago and will find out in two weeks again what she is at for her 9 month check up.  I do also have a 10 and 14 year old that are with me in my car and we will now have to take the truck when we leave as a family.  Plan on doing rear facing till 1 year for sure but WI has a new law that they want children rear facing till 2yrs of age....yet not sure how that will work if feet are so hanging over???!!!

I do appreciate your feed back!

cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Feet going past the edge of the car seat is not a safety hazard! You can check out the graco my ride 65 and britax roundabout 55. Both are great seats for under $200.

Quoting adisler:

we have a full size truck and a car that they need to go in.  She was already 19 lbs and 27 in a month ago and will find out in two weeks again what she is at for her 9 month check up.  I do also have a 10 and 14 year old that are with me in my car and we will now have to take the truck when we leave as a family.  Plan on doing rear facing till 1 year for sure but WI has a new law that they want children rear facing till 2yrs of age....yet not sure how that will work if feet are so hanging over???!!!

I do appreciate your feed back!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)