Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

PPD?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

How long after you give birth can post partum depression affect you? Like if you didn't have it immediately after birth could it start showing up 3-4 months later out of the blue? 

I got the Mirena IUD and only had one period then they stopped so maybe it's just horomones while my cycle figures out what's going on? 

I don't know but I have been really emotional, irrational, not feeling myself. Just kind of sad and feeling a little hopeless...

I've enrolled to start college but I missed the deadlines (didn't have a laptop) so I won't be able to start until September. I can't imagine doing this until September. (SAHM, one 2 1/2 yr old and one 4 month old). I love my kids, I love my SO, I love my life honestly I just feel down. 

Doctor isn't an option since I'm on OHP (like Medicaid) and around here none of the OHP doctors prescribe anything for pain or anxiety/depression. 

I don't really think I am depressed, I'm just wondering if PPD can take several months to set in.

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babygomez
by April on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I'm sorry, i'm not sure. I have never dealt with this.

Bump.

abra
by Abra on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Yes, it can. PPD can start anytime in the first year post partum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaK0911
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Quoting babygomez:

I'm sorry, i'm not sure. I have never dealt with this.

Bump.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose wherever we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them." 

Join us in the Babies group!

jakesmom323
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Yes, I had a traumatic pregnancy/labor and it effected me for a long while. I didn't have it severe enough to want to harm the baby, harm myself, or anything. I was just really unhappy with adjusting to being a SAHM, where we moved too, and the disconnection I had from everyone. Through excersise and family support, I did it without RX, but things would have been easier if I did though. Good luck and talk with your doctor:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quoting abra:

Yes, it can. PPD can start anytime in the first year post partum.

AC9808
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

yes it can. i had it. i resented all the attention ds got and i would sleep all day...it took a long time (2-3) years to get past it ad i did it alone without support or medicationi just faked it til i made it....which i dont suggest by the way

CafeMom Tickers

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Yes, it can happen at any time in the first year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Mine showed up randomly and is progressively getting worse since 3 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)