Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice & Info #2: Do babies need a schedule?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does this sound familiar?  

"I never know when my 4 month old is going to sleep, eat, etc... Should I be taking steps to put her on a schedule?"

Do babies need to be put on a schedule? How and when should it start?

Is your baby on a schedule? Tell us how you did. Don't think schedules are necessary? Share your opinions below.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help millions of other moms!  Click here to offer more Advice & Info.

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I run a licensed daycare....i go by.their schedule but usually they fall into place with the rest of the kiddos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissie3
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I personally do not find it necessary to "put" a baby on a schedule. Babies can't control when they feel the need to sleep or eat. My baby girl is 4 months old and we don't have a schedule, we just go with the flow. When she is tired, she will sleep. When she is hungry, I will breastfeed her. In my opinion, schedules and routines are much more effective in the later years ;)
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM
My babies set their own. Usually around 4 months. And then I help them keep it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:30 AM
I live a very scheduled life, but I let my kids set their schedule based on our life routine... If that makes sense lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellokittyemma
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I did the same thing

Quoting babygomez:

MY kids do. I start a routine/schedule from birth, and it sets in soon after.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM
We believe in a combo baby/parent led schedule at first. We still feed on demand and put them to bed when sleepy, but we start a daily routine from the start and their schedules start slowly moving themselves until they match. It took my kids about 2 months for their schedules to match our routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I think it is important to form something of a schedule. It doesn't have to be really strict but it really does help babies and kids to understand what is going on and be more cooperative. In my experience anyway.

BundleOfJoy2011
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

This :)

Quoting CandiceDanielle:

I believe in a night time routine, to let them know when it's bedtime, but that's it.

Aslen
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

NO, especially if they're nursing babies!

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM
We fell into a schedule around 5 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)