Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice & Info #4: How do you find time for your significant other?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • 28 Replies

Does this sound familiar? 

"I know that baby needs to come first, but I didn't realize how hard it would be to find time for my SO."

How do you find alone time? Is baby having an impact on your relationship? How do you cope?

Do you have advice to share? Tell us!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help millions of other moms!  Click here to offer more Advice & Info.

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Our kids have a bedtime. Once they are asleep, it's mommy & daddy time :)

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Mar. 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM

We make a point to make time for each other, even if it means we lose sleep and have to have an extra cup of coffee in the morning :) Our children are absolutely most important, but our relationship runs close in second place.

preacherskid
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:12 AM
We try to take time out every night after the girls go to sleep for a cup of hot tea and just talking, sometimes a movie or old tv series we both like; tonight we are watching Lord of the Rings Return of the King.
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 6:31 AM

When we needed our "time" we put him in the cosleeper next to the bed. He never woke up and it never seemed to cramp our style.

But that was several months ago and my husband left us so now if I need to have a "friend" over (pretty rare!) my parents watch him for me. 

moroccanmommy
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM
I am finding it hard to meet the needs of my husband he works a very odd schedule now. our baby is co sleeping, nursing all the time. Both him
and I have discussed and laughed...
my husband he's so damn tired too and could care less most of the time. Where down to once a week. We've recently decided that we're going to find a way to have at least a once a month evening out. Our relationship has been strong for 8 years now so we understand that we have the rest of our life. When we made a choice have another human being in our lives we knew It was gonna have an affect on things,but it's temporary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 6:59 AM
How terriable..why did he leave? Its very common to hear breakups with infants....hugs

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

When we needed our "time" we put him in the cosleeper next to the bed. He never woke up and it never seemed to cramp our style.

But that was several months ago and my husband left us so now if I need to have a "friend" over (pretty rare!) my parents watch him for me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM

We usually hang out after the kids go to bed. It is really the only alone time we get where the kids are constantly asking for something or making noise or whatever (which is fine because they are kids) but after they go to bed it is quiet and we can hang out and relax. It is very important to make time for eachother though.

Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Once dd goes to sleep it's mommy/daddy time and when he's off work, we always make sure to kiss enough and hug and talk throughout the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

From the start, baby was put to bed at 8pm and the house made dark and uninteresting to help the baby get into the habit of going to sleep at that time. Part of that was to help in later years so they'd be easier to get to sleep at that time, and part of that was to help give my husband and me time alone together. I also made an effort not to talk about the baby every time we talked and to ask him about his day first before I told him what cute little something the baby did during the day. ;)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

After the kids go to bed is mommy and daddy time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)