Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Are you ever jealous of your friends?][

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 34 Replies

We've all heard of gender dissapointment (but seriously, after that little bundle of awesome comes into the world, the whole thing goes out the window) and as little girls who hasn't pretended they've had twins? Triplets? Quadruplets???

I'm a little scared to post this because I don't want to jinx Dh and I the next time we have a baby BUT, I have a friend from my previous job (before I became a sahm) that is having twins and I have to admit I'm a WEE bit jealous. Well, that's not entirely true, I'm jealous until I remember what newbornhood was like and then I think back and try to imagine doing that with twins. We could have made it for sure but it's definately something I dont want to have to go through, in fact, I'm not sure if we even want to have another, we're back and forth on the idea. 

Do you get jealous when a friend has a baby the gender you wanted or has twins?

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArronEvanmomma
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I am NOT jealous of those who have triplets ect... I have twin boys and it's crazy all day everyday! Sure they're super fun and you always have one that wants to be held... But there are a lot of things that people don't see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I have never wanted twins, and I never feel any type of jealousy towards anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_one_2010
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Nope but I do know ppl jelous of me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this
No, not in the slightest. People who have multiples get a lot of attention, so I would guess that's the part you are jealous of? I can't imagine that you are actually jealous about double or triple the work, the added stain on your body, the increased likelihood of prematurity & medical problems, the extra financial burden, the fact that it would be very difficult to give each baby enough individual attention, the extra challenge to breastfeeding, etc?
Also as to the gender thing, I've only had children because I wanted a CHILD, not for a specific gender. I honestly think having a child because you want a specific gender is so wrong and very unfair to the child, especially if it's not what you wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM
no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Nope. Im so thankful i can even have babies im not picky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM
No, not jealous at all! Got my 3 wonderful kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I don't think I get jealous ... I have 3sons and when I feel the need to spoil a lil girl one of my nieces or kalabash nieces gets spoiled by me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I would like single babies at a time, I don't envy the craziness of multiples! I also adore having a girl, I'm so glad she's my little princess. I'd love to have another girl as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this
No I feel sooooooo blessed. I am happy with my bundle of joy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)