Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

10 reasons why we didn't circumcise.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this
This is not for mothers who have circumcised thier boys. I am not bashing those who have done what is done.
This is for mothers who don't know. For pregnant mothers. For those who still need to make a choice. I want you to know the truth. I want to inform and help.
I am a women, a mother and I do care. I care about protecting babies from unnessecary surgery. And I will keep talking. How else do these things change if we don't talk about it.
Unfortunately I can't make this link clickable but there is lots of good resources out there. This is just one of them.

http://www.intactamerica.org/resources/decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleyrenee24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I didn't circumcise my DD because I thought he was born perfect with no alterations needed.

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

" I want you to know the truth." sorry but that is insulting to moms that circ. It sounds like we were uneducated. I'm sure thats not what you meant and I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but your post does sound harsh towards people who have circed.

GentleGoddess
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I am sorry you read it that way. I did try to word my words without offending anyone.

Quoting avi_nevaeh_mama:

" I want you to know the truth." sorry but that is insulting to moms that circ. It sounds like we were uneducated. I'm sure thats not what you meant and I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but your post does sound harsh towards people who have circed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Here is a bump for you :)! I am so glad I had 3 girls before our son came along. If he had been first I probably would have had him circ'd because I thought that's just what you did. Then I started thinking, why on earth do we cut off a normal body part every boy is born with. I looked into it and it turns out that every one of the benifits of circ are outweighed statistically by the risks with the surgery itself. I mean seriously you have to circ 100 boys to prevent 1 case of uti? If a boy gets a uti antibiotics and sulfer drugs work perfectly well. We don't cut bits of girls for uti or cleanliness so why do it to a boy. Even my dh who was very for Circ, changed his mind after researching. Now he is a little upset he doesn't have his foreskin. He feels it should have been his choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Agreed. 

I think you should do your research either way, not follow what anyone says wether it be a doctor or a forum...do your own research and make the decision you are comfortable with. Which for myself and my husband was circumcising our son, a decision that we will make with any other sons we have. 

I think there are great points made either way, I don't think there is a right or wrong path to take when it comes to this issue. Your child, your choice. 

Quoting avi_nevaeh_mama:

Mrs.Williams13
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My son will be just like his daddy.  Uncut; all there; 100% intact.

gomomgomom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I had my ds done and will do it again. I educated myself on it and feel it is a decision each individual needs to make on their own. U have to research it talk to ur dr not just do it cuz its the thing to do I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Cool story... but I am and was educated. I follow the "Like father, like son" rule.

Kiss ass.

o.O

kathislove80
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was circumcised and if I ever had another son I would circumcise him, too. He was okay after it, and he healed without an issue. I don't regret having it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Unfortunately, that site leaves out the original method of circumcision which was for religious reasons called bris milah, which is what my son and when my next son is born will have. It is really difficult to find sources of information that are not bias and that have fully done their research. The website quoted has their own agenda, just like most of the others.

Every mother and father should do their own individual research, talk to different doctors, people they trust (not strangers on the Internet), see if they can sit in on someone elses infant circumcision (instead of googling videos on the Internet which are usually scare tactic motivated, inaccurate and outdated). We all are entitled to make the decision that is best for our sons. In this situation, there is no right or wrong answer. I find it hysterical that most people who are opposed to it claim they are the educated ones, when most of them don't have any idea about the original reasons circumcision started, let alone that they are still performed in the traditional method these days for none of the commonplace reasons.

I held my son through his entire procedure and watched. Who else has had that priviledge? I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions who would like to know more about bris milah.

Mommy to Ophelia (6), Mira (3), Jude (1) and Liam (coming soon!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN