Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please help! not sleeping!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM
  • 11 Replies

my ds, who is almost 5 months, is refusing to sleep! for naps its only 3 or 4 ten minute naps, 30 at most if lucky. at night he goes to sleep at 9 wakes up at 1 and is off and on sleeping every 5 mins after that, if he falls asleep and i try to lay him down in his crib, lay him in his swing, or lay on the bed or couch with him he starts screeming. this has been going on for 2 weeks now and i am so exhasted and no body to help me. im running out of ideas and i am at my wits end here cause i havent got sleep sense then cause i also have a 2 year old to take care of too. please help!!!

update--- went ahead and went to the drs cause i couldnt take another sleepless night and neather could he. he has an ear infection and the dr also gave him cough meds for the RSV

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlbelknap35
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Bump--- I am despret for help!

Yuriko_chan
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM
This happened with us and come to find out he had a very nasty ear infection. He never showed classic signs though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephanneas
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM

when this happened to us Alaiyah had bad colic/gas..so we used gripe water...ever since then she was such a happy baby and slept 20xs better!!  hope u get some sleep soon mama!! oh yea the only other thing i can suggest is getting him on a good schedule...see what times he usually takes naps/eats..and stick to it, it should get easier mama hang in there!

jlbelknap35
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Oh I forgot to say he has RSV right now and is on breathing treatments ( I know that is part of the problem but I am needing help big time, over 2 weeks with no sleep is really wearing on me and i have no one to lean on right now) we also don't have a dr that can get us in right now for another month so if something is wrong we have to go to the ER for it. I am about to just break down.

jlbelknap35
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlbelknap35
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

BUMP!

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sounds overtired.  It's a viscious cycle that isn't always easy to break.  I would start putting him to bed earlier.  Like about 7:30.  And overtired baby doesn't sleep and is hard to put to sleep also.

GE1
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Yup I agree. Good Luck

Quoting jackiewal10:

Sounds overtired.  It's a viscious cycle that isn't always easy to break.  I would start putting him to bed earlier.  Like about 7:30.  And overtired baby doesn't sleep and is hard to put to sleep also.

yarra21
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hi! I have a little one at home too and I know what you must be going through. Indeed it sounds so tiring. Has your bub started teething and is suffering from teething discomfort so not being able to sleep well? Try giving him a hot oil massage followed by a warm bath and feed before putting him to sleep for the night. This works very well for my bub. All the best .

jlbelknap35
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN