Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

DS 2 has outgrown his carrier, so it's time for a "big boy" seat. We got DS 1 the Graco Nautilus, which I love, but funding won't  allow us to get another one of them at the moment. I was looking at the Evenflo brand because they seem to be less expensive, so I was wondering if any mommies have this brand of carseat, what model, and what you think about it? TIA for responses :)

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Replies (11-19):
mom2boys90
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Thanks for the input ladies! We just decided to spend the extra money and get another Graco Nautilus. Wal-Mart had them on rollback for $139 and we couldn't pass it up :)

novachick
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
The nautilus is a forward facing only seat. I thought you said you wanted a convertible. Isn't he only 7mo?

Quoting mom2boys90:

Thanks for the input ladies! We just decided to spend the extra money and get another Graco Nautilus. Wal-Mart had them on rollback for $139 and we couldn't pass it up :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DEEANNALAMB81
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I got my Graco myride 65 on sale for $99. How close to out growing are they?

Have you checked Walmart?They sell the myride and everyone swears they are a lot cheaper then babiesRus (which is where I got my seat)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2boys90
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting novachick:

The nautilus is a forward facing only seat. I thought you said you wanted a convertible. Isn't he only 7mo?

Quoting mom2boys90:

Sorry. It wasn't a Nautilus. It was a My RIde..

mom2boys90
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We ended up getting him a My Ride. It was $139 at our Wal-Mart on Rollback, so we saved $10.. The straps were barely going over his shoulders, so it was def time for a new one.

Quoting DEEANNALAMB81:

Have you checked Walmart?They sell the myride and everyone swears they are a lot cheaper then babiesRus (which is where I got my seat)

DEEANNALAMB81
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hope he likes his new seat, we love ours.

Quoting mom2boys90:

We ended up getting him a My Ride. It was $139 at our Wal-Mart on Rollback, so we saved $10.. The straps were barely going over his shoulders, so it was def time for a new one.

Quoting DEEANNALAMB81:

ejbljb
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I'm not sure if I'm mistaking you for someone else, but are you in Canada? I'm just wondering where to get the TrueFit in Canada, and haven't been able to find it.

Quoting Randi02:

I personally would not use it, but I know some ladies on here swear by them.

My older kids are in True Fits, and my youngest is in a Britax Advocate CS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
No, that's me :)

Zellers had them when I bought one, and the other I got from babyproofingplus. It's an online site and they are amazing!

Babies r us has the true fit premieres.

Quoting ejbljb:

I'm not sure if I'm mistaking you for someone else, but are you in Canada? I'm just wondering where to get the TrueFit in Canada, and haven't been able to find it.

Quoting Randi02:

I personally would not use it, but I know some ladies on here swear by them.

My older kids are in True Fits, and my youngest is in a Britax Advocate CS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Definitely look at the Evenflo brands!  :)  I love them!!!!  We've had so many Evenflo products and not an issue.  Hope you can get a good deal.  Make sure you compare prices on the different websites too.  (albeebaby.com, diapers.com, amazon.com, etc)

Quoting mom2boys90:

DS is 7 months and the seat I am looking at is convertible. He will be rear-facing until 2. Our budget is $100 at the moment. DH is a cop so I know how to install a carseat and I know all our state's laws, so I'm not worried about that part. I have only ever bought  Graco brand carseats, but I can't afford one of those at the moment, that's why I was looking at the Evenflo brand. We don't have a Baies R Us near us (closest one is 3 hours away), so I have to order offline.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)