Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

For those that formula feed...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 148 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I am constantly reading on here how terrible formula is how my baby is going to die because I feed her formula. In reality my baby is extremely healthy and has not had any problems with the formula. We feed her Similac Organic premixed. She is 5 months old and had breast milk for about 2 months. She poops once and sometimes twice a day.

What side effects if any has your child had from formula?

Note:Do not use this post to list all the reasons breastmilk is better. I agree that bm is the best option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM
4 moms liked this
Terrible yeast infections. Every time I supplemented with formula, she would break out. It was gross!!

And not all kids are going to die because of formula, it's just a risk. For me, I was very careful with formula. I made sure to follow the WHO guidelines on formula preparation so the risk was as minimal as possible. Still, I am grateful that I had milk donors and was finally able to go back to breastfeeding full time. I am thankful that formula is an option, but I do think it is overused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2324
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Both my kids were formula fed. Ds was fine no side effects no third arm growing out of his forehead. That debate is such total bull. My dd had to have special formula cause she had a milk allergy but once on the special formula she was fine and they both grew into healthy toddlers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy092011
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I formula feed with NO side effects
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather_leigh
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM
My son was a premie and too small to breast feed. I pumped exclusively for three months before I couldn't keep up with with anymore and had to start giving him Similac NeoSure. He got diarrhea the first few days but has been healthy with no problems since.
3Aces2012
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
We started on infamil-newborn and that made her constipated, we then switched to symilac-sensitive, haven't had any problems since!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this

This.  Especially after I found the right formula for him (he has a sensitive tummy, so we use Similac Sensitive).  Well...maybe one side effect...sore arms/wrists and dry hands from bottle washing...lol. ;P

Quoting mommy092011:

I formula feed with NO side effects

CafeMom Tickers
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM
4 moms liked this
all 3 of my kids were (are) FF...never had any side effects from it. people just say that to start arguments, ignore them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmack2107
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I will be BF, but DS was formula fed, and he is perfectly fine!

CandiceDanielle
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I breastfeed ds2,but ds1 was ff and there were no side effects.
The problem with formula arises when it's contaminated and it's potential for contamination, not the actual ingredients.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeremy1
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I formula feed both kids and no side effects for either . Now there big healty kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)