Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Have you used Safe T Sleep?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

I hear it prevents babies from rolling over and from the crib crawl and stand problem the may have later. I heard of babies escaping their cribs and hitting their heads while scooting around or standing up the middle of the night and crying cuz they don't don't know to bend their knees and get back down as young as 4 months. Have you used this Safe T sleep thing with your baby? It is supposed to be good for babies age 2 and bellow, What do you think of it?Did it prevent your toddler from falling off his/her toddler bed?

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sexyfox09
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't have anything in the bed with them other than a sheet and the baby. If your baby pukes how will it roll over. We use baby monitors so we can her our dd.
babygomez
by April on Apr. 16, 2012 at 3:21 AM

I had never heard of it until now. I just looked it up and i wouldn't use one. My children sleep wonderfully, neither of them suffer from colic/reflux, and i use a crib bumper for head bumps and such, now that my son is moving around.

erikays
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Never heard of it :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsAdorkable
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I don't see how limiting mobility is safe. I would fall off my bed with one of those. & babies cannot throw themselves at the crib bars hard enough to cause any real damage. If they are learning how to crawl out, then it is time for a new approach.

I co-slept so I didn't have any of these problems, I always knew my baby was right there, safe & sound.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM

That looks extremely uncomfortable. There are times when a child needs to be able to get to their side or stomach.

I would not use one. There are other ways to keep them safe.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM
That seems dangerous.

We co sleep for the first year, so I would not have any use for it anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Glory.y
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Thank you ladies. My friend registered for it and I have never seen this thing before so I was wondering if I was the only one that lives undera rock and this thing is just "the new thing". I'm not gonna lie I am super curious, I want to see it! lol

alandou
by April on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I don't think I would have gotten it for my dd. She was a tummy sleeper from the start anyways. It just seems like it would be uncomfortable. I would feel trapped. I think a baby should be able to move freely because I know if I don't move for a long time then my back hurts.

xx.felisha.xx
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Nope I wouldn't get it. My DD was, and still does, sleep on her stomach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN