Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't put my 14 month old down HELP!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

My 14 month old DS will not leave my side for more than a minute and i can't get anything done i love him with all my heart but i also have a 4 year old DD who also needs attention and he insanely jealous please help me thanks for any advicelove you sign

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I have nothing lol because I am in the same boat. Dd is fourteen months and clingy as saran wrap. I love her but I have a 3 year old who also demands attention. I'm going crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM

oh lol thank u sorry for what ur going through but its nice to know i am not the only one i know thats terrible of me sorry LOL

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Lol I have an 11month old and he is the same way.. Lol funny thing is that he has me to himself until his older brothers gets home.. Lol.. But I can't do laundry or clean with him screaming and crying..
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I have an almost 10 month old and I can't walk to the kitchen without him screaming from the living room, even though he can still see me.  It has gotten to the point that I can't go to the bathroom without him.

He's an only child so it's okay for now, but I'm not getting anything done.  I just try to bring him to the kitchen with me and let him play on the floor while I do dishes.  I can't do anything else though.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM
My 14 month old is the same. It may be an age thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM

haha, I just HOPE my boys don't go through serious separation anxiety like that. Sometimes I think that having 2 preschoolers of different ages has to be harder than having twins, but I also think that 2 toddlers both with separation anxiety is going to be pretty terrible. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Can you put him in a play pin with a few toys and walk away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Brandy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Just try to hang in there.  My daughter was super clinggy from about 6 months until about 14 or 15 months, she is just now starting to grow out of it.  I've heard that seperation anxiety starts around 6 months and usually peaks around 18 months, so it's probably just a phase and it will get better!

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to say it's a seperation anexity phase. I don't remember if my daughter went through it or not, but I know my son never I'm not too sure about tips lol. If I was you, I'd get pretty creative in doing chores and holding baby. Sit in the floor beside your child while folding laundry. Put your son in the high chair and pull it up right beside you while doing dishes, and feed him some snacks or juice. Vaccum one handed if you can lol. If he still takes naps, that would be my chore sprint time, and rush to get as much done as possible before he wakes up. Or when he's in bed at night is also a good time. But above all else, don't stress if your chores don't get done that day!! 

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM

My son needs lots of attention too. I've learned to just involve him in whatever I'm doing. If I'm cooking I let him stand on a chair at the counter next to me (as long as he is not near the stove or anything he could hurt himself with) and give him his own bowl and spoon to stir. If I'm folding laundry I'll give him a shirt or outfit of his to play with so he thinks he's helping. 

In your situation I would try to involve your youngest with the activites you are doing with your oldest. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)