Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL advice needed!! please help

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 1 Replies
my mil is very unstable on her feet due to an accident she had several years ago. we are having our first child in 14 weeks. this will be her first grandchild and she is very excited. with her being unstable on her feet i am scared to let her babysit. she also has issues with her nerves and can be very short sometimes. she already keeps two children and i just cant wrap my mind around leaving mine with her as well. we had the discussion that i will be coming home to my house after she is born i will not be staying with her. she is also expecting me and the baby to come sit at her house all day everyday. i dont want to hurt her in any way but i think its best for us that we stay at home. I also dont know how to tell her that i am not comfortable with leaving my baby with her. i dont want her to be walking around with my baby and fall. she has already fell with my sister in laws son. she has all these things all set up in her mind and its just not going to happen the way she has planned. its too soon to worry about the fact that she uses cartoons as a babysitter, but thats another issue as well. i dont want my little girl to be set in front of the tv to be entertained so no one as to deal with her. the two she keeps are that way and it drives me bonkers. i dont think its healthy and i dont want mine to be turned into a human vegetable every time she watches tv. i am such a blunt person even though i dont mean to i always end up hurting some ones feelings when i try to talk to them. i need some pointers on how to handle this please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lauratupper
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:24 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)