Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: kellyg1987

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, kellyg1987, frequents the Babies group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

That's difficult to answer. I guess it would be when I realized I'd much rather cuddle with my munchkin, than go out and party. I think when you become a mom you have so many defining moments, it's really hard to pick just one!

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

Mmm probably Babies. I'm a new mom to a 5 month old, and I get a lot of good advice from that group!

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

It's a mixture between good advice on some things, and drama! When I joined I had no idea how controversial people made things to be! The drama is definitely alluring! lol

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 

Reading books! It is a nice escape! Also enjoying one on one time with my husband, with a little one we don't get a lot of it these days!

5. What are your favorites:
Book: A Prayer for Owen Meany.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
Song: Any song by Led Zeppelin lol
Food: Mexican!
Place to travel to: Bahamas!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Sandra Bullock. She just seems so real, and down to earth. Like she'd be a real friend not just a crazy celebrity! Plus her little man is ADORABLE!

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

Let your family/friends help you! When I first had Breana I didn't want any help, and was worried she wouldn't bond with me if I let everyone else help me with her. Boy was I dumb! She's only 5 months now, but I have learned not to be a stingy baby hog. I'm the only mom she will have, so of course we'll have a special bond! No need to worry that she won't need me any more lol.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Weird! lol

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?  I wanted to be a police woman! Turned out to be a SAHM for now though.

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

No one. I don't envy anyone to want to be them even for a day. I know people will think I'm a big fat liar, but I really enjoy my life, and wouldn't wanna spend even a day as anyone else!

Now answer her question for YOU:

Why bitches gotta be crazy? Lol 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SoCalMom78
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Unfortunately, because it's in women's nature to be haters LOL  I'm not speaking for all women, but a good majority just love to meddle, stir up drama, or just be plain haters.  Even if they don't say something out loud, there's always one woman who'll be sitting there saying something to herself out of jealousy.  I've seen it for myself in my life, and in society in general.  Hopefully one day we can all just have love for each other and learn to empower rather than put down! :) 

MrsP523
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Lol, probably Bc they can online
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hormones!

mrsbrand
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Because lots of women have no personal accountability online since they have a certain degree of anonimity. You and your daughter are beautiful!! 

erikays
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Bc they are catty! Haha!

Shawshank use to be my fav movie! Your daughter is a doll, so pretty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Because they are UNHAPPY!

I'm a Zeppelin fan :)

manderator
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I think it's from a lack of adequate medication ;D  Lol but hey I guess everyone has to have their thing.  Just wish people would keep it in their groups and not drag it all about with the c&p junk :( Oh well, they can have their haterade :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)