Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dogs and babies?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a 6 month old Monica and she and my tiny chihuahua (less than 2lbs) get along great. My chihuahua lays with Monica while she nurses. She doesnt let any strangers near Monica. She lets monica grab her ears and doesnt snap at her or growl at her she just lets out a squeek. Anyways I have been laying Monica down on the floor more and everytime I lay her down the chihuahua goes nuts. Monica is content but the dog is barking up a storm. She sits on Monicas blanket and barks at me like hey stupid that baby shouldnt be on the floor. lol Anyone else have a dog like that?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bknotnobody
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Nope mine squeaks at me though when my 15 month old has a dirty diaper full of poop. She's a husky mix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM

We also have a chihuahua (he's a little bigger though, about 6 lbs) but he is also super protective of my daughter.  He dosn't like it if strangers or other kids try to touch her...he gets between them and barks lol.  I think it's pretty funny!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM
We have two dogs, a 75lb Bernese Mountian Dog and a 12 lb Cairn terrier. The Cairn is Katie's dog and she loves her - she always snuggles up with Katie and sits and watches Katie play and puts up with katie smack petting her.

Our Bernese was our "only child" for a while and still misses getting all the attention. She's very sweet with Katie and never minds when Katie pokes her eyes or pulls her ears or anything, but she's not very involved with her either unless it's meal time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Our two weenies are like that with dd. They love her and snuggle her. They even nose her toys across the room to her. Annabelle attacked our vacuum one day because I was vacuuming around the baby. It's really sweet, but I still never leave them alone together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taylor.gibson74
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Whenever I ued to take my daughter( she was 6 months now 9 months) to my moms house she had a mini doberman pincher and a weener dog chiwawa mix and they used to go ape when I sat her on the floor not mean but the would always try to lick her in the face and play lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I have a 1yo American pitbull thats my 18mo ds dog for sure. He's very protective. He's the baby's personal stuffy. They cuddle up together everythin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I have a great dane mix and a weener dog mix that love bella
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I figure out why she is barking she wants Monica to play with her. When I gave Monica a soft doll thing. The dog stole it and ran around the house with it and brought it back and kinda threw it at Monica. I then tried to play fetch with the dog but nope she didnt want me to play. Crazy dog.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Our two weenies are like that with dd. They love her and snuggle her. They even nose her toys across the room to her. Annabelle attacked our vacuum one day because I was vacuuming around the baby. It's really sweet, but I still never leave them alone together.

mrsbrand
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Lol cute!

Quoting kirstina:

I figure out why she is barking she wants Monica to play with her. When I gave Monica a soft doll thing. The dog stole it and ran around the house with it and brought it back and kinda threw it at Monica. I then tried to play fetch with the dog but nope she didnt want me to play. Crazy dog.

Quoting mrsbrand:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:24 PM

No but we got our dog after my son was over a year old so I'm not sure how he would have done through infancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)