Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spit up and not breathing! help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
My son is just over two months old and he spits up about once a week or so but when he does it seems like he doesn't breath for about 20 seconds. Scares the crap out of me. My mum told me that babies don't start breathing threw their mouth till a certain age. Does anyone know what age or how to stop this? He burps really good after feeding and I burp him after hiccups since he swallows air. I moved him out of the co sleeper and into his crib cause he is too long now but only in the day time. He sleeps in his swing at night so he is upright.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abra
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM
20 seconds is a long time. Have you asked your dr about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Don't lay him flat for up to an hour after eating.

My daughter did this when she was 6 days old and aspirated. She turned blue and I literally couldn't function it was terrifying.

But my son had realllllllllly bad reflux and we couldn't lay him flat for up to an hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:49 PM

i would say bring it up to ur pedi and see what they say

M.Reese
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM
We have an appointment on the third and I usually put him down 30 min it so after feeding. This normally happens before he eats when I lay him down or put him on his piano kicker. He doesn't sleep when I lay him flat. 20 minutes max in the crib vs 5 hours in the crib.
M.Reese
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM
5 hours in the swing*
Omg id be the same way if he turned blue. I can't imagine that. He use to have really bad reflux when he was on breast but it was cause of what I was eating. Moved him to formula cause I couldn't keep up so I thought it es was done but now we get this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)