Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there any way i can help my 7.5 month along???

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 26 Replies
he will be 8 months on the 30th and he can roll where he wants to go, some times he scoots. hes never got on his hands and knees yet. he also still cant sit up by himself yet. he can sit for about a minute, then falls over. my 2 yr old ds was really slow w his motor skills but i think it was bc i was a first time mommy and didnt keep up w tummy time n stuff. but w the baby, hes always on the floor playing and ive been helping him sit up during the day. idk what else i can do. any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbysmommy429
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you keep a boppy around him to help him sit? With tummy time, it just takes time. Put your cell phone and keys in front of him and I'm sure he will get there!   DD was slow with milestones, but eventually got there; she was verbal really early. DS has been early with physical milestones, but will be 8 months on the 2nd and hasn't said a word yet. They are like night and day.

LongBeachLiz
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I don't really think there's anything wrong with where he's at. A lot of children never crawl on their hands and knees. My dh's friend's kid rolled wherever he needed to go. Just keep playing with him. Sit in between your legs and play. He'll get it quick enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM
oh i know theres nothing wrong w him. hes actually learning a little faster that my 2 yr old did. my 2 yr old army crawled from the time he was 9mo till after his first bday. he didnt start walking till he was 16 months! im just seeing all these other mommas babies at the same age as ds and thinking if im doing some thing wrong or needing to do some thing to help him. we just started using the johny jumper. we need a bumbo seat. i loved that thing when i had 1 for my oldest ds.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

I don't really think there's anything wrong with where he's at. A lot of children never crawl on their hands and knees. My dh's friend's kid rolled wherever he needed to go. Just keep playing with him. Sit in between your legs and play. He'll get it quick enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Johnny jump up won't help with crawling but they are fun :). I don't know if I would bother with the seat at this age. He'll be able to twist out of it soon and I don't know if that will help with learning to sit bc of how they sit in there...

Quoting Candace8609:

oh i know theres nothing wrong w him. hes actually learning a little faster that my 2 yr old did. my 2 yr old army crawled from the time he was 9mo till after his first bday. he didnt start walking till he was 16 months! im just seeing all these other mommas babies at the same age as ds and thinking if im doing some thing wrong or needing to do some thing to help him. we just started using the johny jumper. we need a bumbo seat. i loved that thing when i had 1 for my oldest ds.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM
My DD is EXACTLY the same age (Aug 30th!!) and doing the same. Just do lots of tummy time and play with him. Eventually he'll get it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM
My daughter did nothing til she was like 9 months she's really smart but physical stuff is not her forte
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM
oh cool :D i try to play w him as much as i can. he says mama, dada and baba now. dhs dds started crawling @6 months and walking by a year old. but he was w me when my oldest ds was just 5 months old so he knows maybe boys are not as fast as girls or that maybe i wasnt as fast w motor skills as a baby and the boys got it from me? idk. im not worried, just excited :)

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

My DD is EXACTLY the same age (Aug 30th!!) and doing the same. Just do lots of tummy time and play with him. Eventually he'll get it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candace8609
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM
yea. kinda to late for the bumbo. just want some thing to help him w sitting.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Johnny jump up won't help with crawling but they are fun :). I don't know if I would bother with the seat at this age. He'll be able to twist out of it soon and I don't know if that will help with learning to sit bc of how they sit in there...

Quoting Candace8609:

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM
DD has said mama dada and once her brothers name! (she should, I say it enough lol).

Log rolls, army crawls (uses her arms to drag herself around).

My DS crawled at 5 months.

Really, some babies just skip crawling altogether. I think it's interesting to see the differences between them!

Quoting Candace8609:

oh cool :D i try to play w him as much as i can. he says mama, dada and baba now. dhs dds started crawling @6 months and walking by a year old. but he was w me when my oldest ds was just 5 months old so he knows maybe boys are not as fast as girls or that maybe i wasnt as fast w motor skills as a baby and the boys got it from me? idk. im not worried, just excited :)

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM
He's doing just fine. My 9 month old didnt really crawl until 8 months. She's only been pulling up on things and holding on for about two weeks. If you want to help with sitting up, prop him with a pillow. He just has to get his strength up! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)