Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh depression!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 19 Replies
Seriously I hate this depression! My ob just tells me "it'll get better" but when!? I'll be 8 weeks pp tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sofia0587
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:56 PM
*hugs* just talk about it as much possible and try things that make you feel good maybe exsercising or going for a walk or shopping. Don't keep your feelings bottled up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlu92
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Thanks. I'm ready for it to be over with. It's driving me crazy!

Quoting sofia0587:

*hugs* just talk about it as much possible and try things that make you feel good maybe exsercising or going for a walk or shopping. Don't keep your feelings bottled up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Maybe at around 6 months, when the baby starts to get fun...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlu92
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I hope it isn't that long. I do believe I will be legally insane by then. I don't think my lo has anything to do with it though. Maybe him being sick does....

Quoting PortiaRose:

Maybe at around 6 months, when the baby starts to get fun...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livanded
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Ugh. My son is almost 9 months old and just now getting over it. Still have bad days but not like before. I agree with a pp find someone to talk to about it. I am so glad that I have my mom next door to talk to.
babygomez
by April on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM

hugs

tlu92
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sfank
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

My mom said she kicked her ppd in the butt with exercise. She really didn't feel like it, but she made herself go for a run every evening when my dad got home and it cleared up in a week. I'm not sure it would work, but could be worth a try. If it doesn't get better soon I'd talk with your doc about going on antidepressants for a couple months. I know they suck but it's better than going crazy.

abra
by Abra on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM
((hugs)) PPD can last up to a year. If you are getting overwhelmed, temporarily using medication might be beneficial. I'm right there with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlu92
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Thanks! I have an appointment with my regular Dr Friday...should I mention it to her since my ob just says it'll get better?

Quoting abra:

((hugs)) PPD can last up to a year. If you are getting overwhelmed, temporarily using medication might be beneficial. I'm right there with you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)