Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEVER NEVER NEVER do this!!!! **UPDATE**

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 AM
  • 72 Replies
A family friends baby is on life support. The 20yr old father propped up his 4mo sons bottle in the middle of the night. When the mom got home the next morning the blanket and pillow smothered the baby. Hes on life support. The drs arent sure if he will pull through. If he does he wont walk.

NEVER NEVER NEVER bottle prop!

**UPDATE**
Within the last few minutes the doctors declared him brain dead. I cant quit crying. I had to go give all my kids a hug & kiss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Omg. Horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I never would. what does bottle propping have to do with the blanket smothering baby though?

prayers are going out to that family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this
What do you think he used to prop the bottle?

Quoting skittlebeans88:

I never would. what does bottle propping have to do with the blanket smothering baby though?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Common sense is hard to come by now days. He should have just taken the time to care for his child.

So sad. Good luck to the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britniwheeler
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM

=( So sad.

Twix.Leigh
Wow thats terribly sad!! :( I bottle propped with my first, but never without supervisation, and never over night :( I also co-slept though until he started sleeping through the night at about 4 months. Even then I checked on him constantly. I was always told to not let babies/toddlers go to bed with bottles as well though.. so sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
He used the blanket and pillow to prop the bottle up. Im not certain on all the details.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM
4 moms liked this
Who bottle props overnight??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I have never bottle propped. I put a sippy with my son in bed once. But was told no.

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

Wow thats terribly sad!! :( I bottle propped with my first, but never without supervisation, and never over night :( I also co-slept though until he started sleeping through the night at about 4 months. Even then I checked on him constantly. I was always told to not let babies/toddlers go to bed with bottles as well though.. so sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM
What a dumbass ...i only proped it if I was sat next to him and had to use my hands to open something like a jar ....my baby was holding his bottle by himself and very insistant on it at four months . But I would never leave him like that unsupervised . The guy probly went bk to bed left the baby ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)