Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was it hard for you to decide who to have in the delivery room?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 88 Replies

When making a decision on who to allow in the delivery room for the birth of your baby, was the decision a hard one for you?

Who was in there?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kathislove80
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
No...I knew it would be only my SO. My mom came back to see me.but once I started pushing, I let her know she wouldn't be in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dietsunkist
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
No, only my Dh was allowed in there. Everyone knew ahead of the delivery & was okay with it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM
My dh was the only one with both kids. I always thought it would be to stressful to have anyone else in the room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaleigh92805
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
With my oldest I had everyone in the room. It was the father, my mother, his mother and the godmother. With my middle daughter it was my hubby and my parents. And with my son it was just us and with this one it will be just us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Not hard at all! If you didn't make the baby or weren't medical personelle, you aren't in my delivery room! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

No, it was just dh. We purposefully didn't tell anyone I was in the hospital so unwanted visitors wouldn't show up. 

3Aces2012
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
No, only my hubby and daughters godmother were in there, I told my mom she could come in but she didn't want to watch lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Well, I really wished that my mom and/or sister could have been there.  But they live in another state, so that was not possible.  So it was (of course) my hubby, and then a very good friend of mine was there first, and then when Shit Got Real my SIL was there.  I'm still a bit upset that my MIL wasn't there.  But I am very happy and fortunate to have such a wonderful hubby, friend and SIL.  As my SIL was holding my left leg (hubby had the other), I turned ot her and said "Well, now that you've seen EVERYTHING, we are definitely sisters!" lol

Garnet_Iris11
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It was .. because DF just wanted it to be him and I .. but I wanted my bio-mom to be there and my step-mom insisted that she be there since she was present at 2 of her grandsons births. When I scheduled my induction the week prior I was settled on no one but DF and I due to all of the b.s. going on. Anyone could be there until I decided they had to go but only him and I during delivery. Well go figure guilt trip upon guilt trip, both of my moms and DF were there for the delivery. I asked them to leave shortly after so that the three of us could spend bonding time together without interruption but they could come back after she was returned from the nursery. All I know is when we become pregnant again I am only allowing DF .. no matter what! 

CafeMom Tickers
mamabens
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM

No it wasn't hard at all. First time we knew we only wanted him & I, second time we asked my sis, third tiem he was born at home & the older two were at school & with my parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)